Groups

Is this site dodgy?

My mum just brought from here

uk-jewellery.com/

she paid by paypal but now regrets doing so.

What you guys / gals think?

8 Comments

Banned

and dont tell me she purchased a tiffany piece of jewellery for under £10 and wonders if its gonna be fake

Someone has asked the same question on Yahoo answers
    (see here: au.answers.yahoo.com/que…fAb)

Here is the response of the one person who has replied:

The web site has no contact address or phone number. It was only … The web site has no contact address or phone number. It was only registered on 28th December to an address I can not find on google maps.Why would a company which has UK in the name have prices in $ ?Avoid, this looks like a scam.

I haven't checked their findings but if they're true then it certainly looks dodgy..

supermod

Registrant: pop kl 33 Red Street Martham RD, Norfolk Martham, … Registrant: pop kl 33 Red Street Martham RD, Norfolk Martham, Norfolk NR29 4PR United Kingdom Domain Name: UK-JEWELLERY.COM Created on: 28-Dec-09 Expires on: 28-Dec-10 Last Updated on: 28-Dec-09 Administrative Contact: kl, pop 33 Red Street Martham RD, Norfolk Martham, Norfolk NR29 4PR United Kingdom +44.01613460590 Fax -- Technical Contact: kl, pop 33 Red Street Martham RD, Norfolk Martham, Norfolk NR29 4PR United Kingdom +44.01613460590 Fax -- Domain servers in listed order: NS15.IXWEBHOSTING.COM NS16.IXWEBHOSTING.COM

Their website is only 12 days old. A contact number is listed for them on whois.

Banned

dodgy as in fake gear = yes
    dodgy in well you receive your fake gear = who knows

supermod

uk-jewellery.com/faq…d=1

They mention USD$, western Union & international delivery services :

International standard AIR MAIL: 2-4weeks
    Worldwide Express Mail Service: 1-2 weeks

are they even UK based or some type of drop shippers etc ?

Well that WHOIS info is bogus.

The postcode is for a "Black Street" in the town/village of Martham near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk not "Red Street" as listed by the owner of this website.
    The telephone number prefix "01613" is invalid so I guess the entire number is just made up. 01603 is for Norwich and various other places in the area and 0161 is for Manchester.

They haven't given a name either.. just "pop kl".

I think there's enough evidence in this thread to suggest this website is a scam!!

Original Poster

I dont think its cause they fake she is now thinking that nothing will turn up. Thanks for all your help

kx12;7479912

I dont think its cause they fake she is now thinking that nothing will … I dont think its cause they fake she is now thinking that nothing will turn up. Thanks for all your help

Is she covered by paypal?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions