Is this site legit?

Found 31st Dec 2011
Hi,
Just a bit of help please.
Is this site a real or fake to steal details?
uat-m.footlocker.eu/gb/…spx

I know its a mobile site but what is the UAT at the front?

I ask because m.footlocker.eu/gb/en also works so just wondering.

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
its not fake...
Mod
Whois checks out as Foot Locker Europe B.V

Also naked domain looks pretty genuine.

(whois info wouldn't copy and paste for some reason)
Edited by: "BeerDrinker" 31st Dec 2011
Original Poster
Thanks for the information. Any reason for the UAT at the front?
it's real
uat-m.footlocker.eu/gb/en

is dead for me, doesn't work.

But it's a subdomain of footlocker.eu - so if that's the real site, then the uat one will be.
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 31st Dec 2011
Original Poster
oldmanhouse

https://uat-m.footlocker.eu/gb/en is dead for me, doesn't work.But it's a … https://uat-m.footlocker.eu/gb/en is dead for me, doesn't work.But it's a subdomain of footlocker.eu - so if that's the real site, then the uat one will be.

Sorry it was my error should be
Your text here
Typically UAT stands for user acceptance testing and the UAT site is one or more releases ahead of live. In general practice these shouldn't be available to the general public and you shouldn't put an order through one - in my experience although the order may be spotted it wouldn't be fulfilled as it sits inside a fake stock channel. Also I think PCI compliance may also mean the test payment gateway shouldn't accept real car details.
Other comedy moments exist in the HTML source, like who is Steve and why does he care about the men's accessories?
Original Poster
mikemilleresq

Typically UAT stands for user acceptance testing and the UAT site is one … Typically UAT stands for user acceptance testing and the UAT site is one or more releases ahead of live. In general practice these shouldn't be available to the general public and you shouldn't put an order through one - in my experience although the order may be spotted it wouldn't be fulfilled as it sits inside a fake stock channel. Also I think PCI compliance may also mean the test payment gateway shouldn't accept real car details.

Thanks that's helped me get my head around it.
Happy New year
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions