11 Comments

Looks dodgy to me.

Original Poster

Abvance

Looks dodgy to me.

hmm thats what i thought........ think i'll leave it

Looks like the artist flogging her own wares. Result from a whois search:

Result of WHOIS query:

Domain name: artpaintgallery.co.uk Registrant: … Domain name: artpaintgallery.co.uk Registrant: Anna Djannine Registrant type: UK Individual Registrant's address: 13a Highfield Road Dartford DA1 2JS United Kingdom Registrar: One.com A/S t/a One.com A/S [Tag = TJNF-DK] URL: http://www.one.com Relevant dates: Registered on: 23-Feb-2011 Renewal date: 23-Feb-2013 Last updated: 25-Feb-2011 Registration status: Registered until renewal date. Name servers: ns01.one.com ns02.one.com

StreetView shows a semi at no. 13, with a To Let board out front. Looks like a house split into two flats and let.

My guess is still that it's an artist's own outlet, or possibly someone buying in prepared stuff from elsewhere
Edited by: "Some_Bloke" 17th Jun 2011

there is pay pal on there

These go for around £65 on ebay so looks to good a price to be true.

davver99

there is pay pal on there

Lots of dodgy sites take paypal.

Op, for me no number or address = hiding something/avoid.

It could just be a person doing a side line income... however.. no address or contact number for me on the site means high risk.

If the event of the item not arriving..... you have no real way of contact.

I would avoid

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, but i think i may be wrong & she is legit, she has just messaged me & gave me her ebay ID along with her mobile number, as she also sells on there, thanks for all your comments
Edited by: "sameena1" 17th Jun 2011

sameena1

Thanks everyone, but i think i may be wrong & she is legit, she has just … Thanks everyone, but i think i may be wrong & she is legit, she has just messaged me & gave me her ebay ID along with her mobile number, as she also sells on there, thanks for all your comments

Ok, well bit of advice. Buy from her on ebay or ask her to list an item you want on Ebay.
Could be that her Ebay feedback is their to give false confidence and that she rips people off on the side. I've seen stranger things

Original Poster

jonny619447

Ok, well bit of advice. Buy from her on ebay or ask her to list an item … Ok, well bit of advice. Buy from her on ebay or ask her to list an item you want on Ebay.Could be that her Ebay feedback is their to give false confidence and that she rips people off on the side. I've seen stranger things

thanks, yes i was going to buy from her ebay site instead, she has loads of feedback from people that have bought paintings from her, so should be ok, i hope
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47381
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions