Is this Switch game from Curry's a good deal for the Spotify Sub?

Posted 14th Dec 2019
I have a free spotify sub coming to an end, and looking to do the gmail trick to take out the 6 month offer from currys as can't see anything better around.

Tetris for the Switch, which we will have a Switch come xmas, is available for £20 but also this games includes 12 months of Nintendo online, which we will also need.

So is this a good deal seeing as we don't really need the game, £20 for the game, 12 month nintendo online, and 6 months spotify?

Tia

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Tetris on the switch is free for Nintendo online subscribers. As long as you have a sub you can play.

It’s called Tetris 99.

So no, I wouldn’t pick this, in fact I think this deal is bizarre. They’re asking people to pay for a game that they give you access to for freeas soon as you activate the included Nintendo online.
Edited by: "Distracted" 14th Dec 2019
Looking at the Currys website and the 6 months free Spotify, do none of the games you actually want come with it?

A year of Nintendo online is £17.99 or close to it at the Nintendo store, while there’s a deal on here somewhere to get it for £14ish.
Distracted14/12/2019 16:59

Tetris on the switch is free for Nintendo online subscribers. As long as …Tetris on the switch is free for Nintendo online subscribers. As long as you have a sub you can play.It’s called Tetris 99.So no, I wouldn’t pick this, in fact I think this deal is bizarre. They’re asking people to pay for a game that they give you access to for freeas soon as you activate the included Nintendo online.

The game is a physical cartridge and it includes all the DLC for the game. Which allows you to play certain modes offline, so it is a great deal if you intend to play and enjoy Tetris.

You can also sell or trade in to CeX to make the cost of the Nintendo online less than buying separately.

However if you want a 6 months Spotify code, I will give you one for free OP? Let me know
JohnnyRoller14/12/2019 17:18

The game is a physical cartridge and it includes all the DLC for the game. …The game is a physical cartridge and it includes all the DLC for the game. Which allows you to play certain modes offline, so it is a great deal if you intend to play and enjoy Tetris.You can also sell or trade in to CeX to make the cost of the Nintendo online less than buying separately.However if you want a 6 months Spotify code, I will give you one for free OP? Let me know

Yes please, that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much
JohnnyRoller14/12/2019 17:18

The game is a physical cartridge and it includes all the DLC for the game. …The game is a physical cartridge and it includes all the DLC for the game. Which allows you to play certain modes offline, so it is a great deal if you intend to play and enjoy Tetris.You can also sell or trade in to CeX to make the cost of the Nintendo online less than buying separately.However if you want a 6 months Spotify code, I will give you one for free OP? Let me know

Good point.

I was thinking if they were buying a game for the Switch anyway, Currys currently has some of the cheapest deals and many of them also come with the 6 months of Spotify. Then Nintendo online would be £14.
But if you can sell the Tetris game to get some money back and you aren’t buying games from Currys then there’s no harm in grabbing the deal.
Although the free code from JohnnyRoller is a muchbetter deal
FYI re Tetris99 it seems the paid DLC costs £8.99 - 'Big Block DLC'
I was originally looking at Minecraft, £20 but sell to cex for £15, so £5 for the spotify code.
Obviously i'm sorted now thanks to the generosity from @JohnnyRoller

Though when we unwrap the switch console at xmas we'll have to look for the best way to get an online sub.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions