Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Is this the correct skirting board?

Posted 15th Sep
3543511.jpg
3543511.jpg

I’ve removed skirting board to redecorate, unfortunately I left it outside so it’s warped. Everywhere I seem to look it’s a delivery only product, I don’t want to buy the wrong thing.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Local timber merchant would be able to supply you.

That looks correct, but there are often small differences in the profiles between manufacturers so the only way to be certain is to physically compare.
Visit B&Q or another DIY store/timber merchant with a sample of what you have, its the only way to know really.
GlitchFace15/09/2020 10:08

Visit B&Q or another DIY store/timber merchant with a sample of what you …Visit B&Q or another DIY store/timber merchant with a sample of what you have, its the only way to know really.

Didn’t even think of that. Facepalm moment
chrisdwiliams15/09/2020 10:09

Didn’t even think of that. Facepalm moment

Take a good dry piece in case the wood has swollen a bit.
From my experience if the property 20 years or older then you will struggle to find a perfect fit as often they were inperial measurements and now all metric meaning they are often a few mm bigger or smaller.
Like others have said try and compare in store, or try and straighten out the old piece. You may be able to screw one end down and force it back into shape.
flang15/09/2020 10:24

From my experience if the property 20 years or older then you will …From my experience if the property 20 years or older then you will struggle to find a perfect fit as often they were inperial measurements and now all metric meaning they are often a few mm bigger or smaller. Like others have said try and compare in store, or try and straighten out the old piece. You may be able to screw one end down and force it back into shape.

It’s a council property, as long as it looks ok they will be fine. Tbh I don’t mind spending £30 on some skirting and a fiver on some glue to attach it. The skirting I’ve left outside is too saturated with water for it to be of any use.
Your photo shows mdf pine is a cheaper option but will require painting
Post a comment
@
    Text