Found 8th Aug 2016
Hi I am wondering if this is too good to be true. The reason I ask is that this account sold one of the same about 2-3 weeks ago. I was just as sceptical then as I am now but if the first one was a scam would his account still be open. Thought I would? gauge others opinions I as the last one sold for about £70 which is an absolute bargain. Let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance

ebay.co.uk/itm…009?hash=item41af8a2329:g:xAEAAOSwZ8ZW8WgB

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
21 Comments

Original Poster

Not sure how to make the link clicky?

well done on getting people to bid against you lol

Original Poster

Not overly bothered if it goes too high I just won't bid. Just wondering if my instinct is wrong, I'm guessing you think it's genuine

Seller has good feedback and seller rating.. I would say no risk at all with this seller.. Even so, purchases are guaranteed money back by Ebay/PayPal if conned..

Banned

joemaries

as the last one sold for about £70

No it didnt.

It could be a hijacked account as there's only recent activity.

Did you ask Ebay to look into it with the first lot of listings?

scott_alive

Seller has good feedback and seller rating.. I would say no risk at all … Seller has good feedback and seller rating.. I would say no risk at all with this seller.. Even so, purchases are guaranteed money back by Ebay/PayPal if conned..

You can't say there's no risk as it could be a hijacked account there's been no activity until recently for over 6 months.

Thanks op! I'll place a bid on that, thanks a lot.

deb8z

You can't say there's no risk as it could be a hijacked account there's … You can't say there's no risk as it could be a hijacked account there's been no activity until recently for over 6 months.

That's not necessarily a indicator of a hacked account - I didn't use mine for over a year then started using it again.

Bigfootpete

That's not necessarily a indicator of a hacked account - I didn't use … That's not necessarily a indicator of a hacked account - I didn't use mine for over a year then started using it again.

Indeed,I said COULD be an indicator,I was just putting it out there for people to be aware.

It'll shoot up. Bargain at sub £100 though....

Original Poster

strange thing is there is activity on his buying feedback which would suggest that he is still using the account?

joemaries

strange thing is there is activity on his buying feedback which would … strange thing is there is activity on his buying feedback which would suggest that he is still using the account?

Not for 6 months though?

YouDontWantToKnow

No it didnt.

no idea why you have been marked down as I cant see any feedback suggesting a £70 sale

chocci

no idea why you have been marked down as I cant see any feedback … no idea why you have been marked down as I cant see any feedback suggesting a £70 sale

Winning bid:EUR 95.00
Approximately £80.69

Banned

chocci

no idea why you have been marked down as I cant see any feedback … no idea why you have been marked down as I cant see any feedback suggesting a £70 sale

Lowest price I can find. 22nd July
£102.00 + £11.99 postage

YouDontWantToKnow

Lowest price I can find. 22nd July£102.00 + £11.99 postage

If you click "See other listings" in the seller info area, then tick the "Completed listings" or "Sold Listings" boxes at the side, you'll find
ebay.co.uk/itm…736
Which is what the comment above yours is referring to, I think.

Original Poster

Ok so we've established that one went on the 22nd July for about £80 not £70. Anybody reckon it's a scam or not?

joemaries

Ok so we've established that one went on the 22nd July for about £80 not … Ok so we've established that one went on the 22nd July for about £80 not £70. Anybody reckon it's a scam or not?

It's a hard one to tell if it's a scam or not as its not immediately obvious , could maybe message the seller and ask a few questions and gauge his reply? Or see if he even replies? it's not going to give you 100% confirmation but might provide more insight

joemaries

Ok so we've established that one went on the 22nd July for about £80 not … Ok so we've established that one went on the 22nd July for about £80 not £70. Anybody reckon it's a scam or not?

I'd just report it to be Ebay and let them have a look,send a private message via Facebook with the item number they are quite helpful on there as it could be a hijacked account or a fake item,who knows but the item retails for a few hundred quid so I'd say you'd either end up with no item or a fake one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher22
    2. dakine backpacks44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed445
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…78

See more discussions