Found 14th Dec 2008
someone has just told me that wearing more than 1 pair of socks actually makes your feet colder?!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
28 Comments

:lol: i wouldn't have thought so

:lol:..thats a good one :lol:

I doubt it !

Original Poster

thank you! I was sure he was wrong but he is never wrong :whistling::roll: and I'd never win :-D

depends on the grooms doubts

apparently it can restrict the airflow around the foot, this can make the foot colder as the heat isnt able to circulate properly......wear one really thick pair.....bed socks are lovely!

Original Poster

Alfonse;3757166

depends on the grooms doubts

lol

Original Poster

bitseylango;3757169

apparently it can restrict the airflow around the foot, this can make the … apparently it can restrict the airflow around the foot, this can make the foot colder as the heat isnt able to circulate properly......wear one really thick pair.....bed socks are lovely!

really?! So he might be right?:w00t:

Original Poster

nikkib123;3757174

Do you feel silly asking now ha ha !

slightly! lol I always used to wear 2 pairs of socks with my wellies and never felt colder?! But he seems to know everything about anything so he planted a seed of doubt in my very niave brain!
:oops:

That doesn't make any sense, as the air will be trapped between the layers and act as a barrier to heat loss, which is why you are always told to wear many layers of clothing in the cold instead of one thick layer..

if you wear 2 pairs of socks in shoes/boots that will make the footwear tighter, this restricts the flow of air around the foot and it is the lack of airflow that leads to lack of insulation. Obviously doesnt happen to everyone as we all have different body circulation.

Beefnoodlez;3757200

That doesn't make any sense, as the air will be trapped between the … That doesn't make any sense, as the air will be trapped between the layers and act as a barrier to heat loss, which is why you are always told to wear many layers of clothing in the cold instead of one thick layer..

true, but they should be loose layers

It all depends on whether or not the second pair are filled with ice or not
]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/355265922_a50588c6cb.jpg%3Fv%3D0

and then they went on to prove black is white and got killed on a zebra crossing

wouldn't it still be a zebra crossing even if black was white?

i have heard that because it doesnt give your feet room to move and get the warm

Banned

why do they tell you to wear 2 pairs of socks when skiing then

1. Wearing boots while sleeping makes your feet colder (restricting your blood flow).
2. Wearing two condoms are more likely to fail than only one used.
3. Having two girlfriends leads to you being slapped (or very happy depending on the situation)
I am not sure about the two socks idea, it might depend on the socks, boots and other variables.

someone ban the op, oh god.

kirsty1981;3757179

someone has just told me that wearing more than 1 pair of socks actually … someone has just told me that wearing more than 1 pair of socks actually makes your feet colder?!

only if you put hem on ya hands :roll:

bitseylango;3757169

apparently it can restrict the airflow around the foot, this can make the … apparently it can restrict the airflow around the foot, this can make the foot colder as the heat isnt able to circulate properly......wear one really thick pair.....bed socks are lovely!

I never wear anything but big thick wooly hiker's socks. My shoes feel like duvets.

wifey;3757589

why do they tell you to wear 2 pairs of socks when skiing then

That's the worst thing to do! Just wear one pair of ski socks, they don't even have to be thick.

The amount of people at our ski centre that we have to tell about not wearing two layers of socks

Banned

XtremeDJW;3758287

That's the worst thing to do! Just wear one pair of ski socks, they … That's the worst thing to do! Just wear one pair of ski socks, they don't even have to be thick.The amount of people at our ski centre that we have to tell about not wearing two layers of socks

tut .... my daughter is going with the school and they said normal socks with ski socks over the top .... :?

Banned

I wear 3 pears of socks at work because the boots they gave me are shiv. Trust me what he said was rubbish.

I was told by my biology teacher that one thicker pair is better than two normal as it reduces the blood flow to the feet so it makes them colder.

Banned

BlondeBella;3766441

I was told by my biology teacher that one thicker pair is better than two … I was told by my biology teacher that one thicker pair is better than two normal as it reduces the blood flow to the feet so it makes them colder.

This is reference to tight fitting socks and people with circulation problems related to low blood pressure. Socks of the right size that do cause rings on the ankles will help keep your feet warm.

lumoruk;3766460

This is reference to tight fitting socks and people with circulation … This is reference to tight fitting socks and people with circulation problems related to low blood pressure. Socks of the right size that do cause rings on the ankles will help keep your feet warm.

Tell that to my feet there cold what ever i do

Banned

BlondeBella;3766491

Tell that to my feet there cold what ever i do

Sorry i meant socks that don't leave rings on your ankles. You should wear thermal long johns helps keep the blood warm all the way to your feet working a treat for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)94190
    3. Add one, leave one game54315393
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322827
    5. word association Game74244872

See more discussions