Is this true??

Was watching some kinda health programme the other day (can't remember what it was) and a health person (don't know what you call them lol) said that home made chips are 1 of your 5 a day!? I've always believed chips aren't that good for you so is this true??
thx
lynds xx

36 Comments

on slimmng world they teach u how to make healthy chips.....yumm...but they said not part of ur five a day...boooooooooooooo

potatoes do not count as one of your 5 a day.

Original Poster

magicbeans;4422769

on slimmng world they teach u how to make healthy chips.....yumm...but … on slimmng world they teach u how to make healthy chips.....yumm...but they said not part of ur five a day...boooooooooooooo

the dandy p;4422774

potatoes do not count as one of your 5 a day.

exactly what i thought.... and this guy is getting paid to give out wrong info on tv :roll:

What about crisps... I lurve cheese and onion..

Original Poster

thx guys.... been bugging me since i heard it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

edna_clouds;4422782

What about crisps... I lurve cheese and onion..

hahahaha

Original Poster

bellabonkers;4422784

here you go...http://www.5aday.nhs.uk/WhatCounts/WhatCounts.aspx

thx bella :thumbsup:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4422790

taties don't count, such a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i know but they're quite fattening

Potatoes aren't exactly vitamin rich, but they aren't bad for you (deep fried in lard might not be the best though!). The whole '5 a day' thing is a drive to encourage people to eat a varied diet - that is whats important - but its common sense really - variety is the key. If you have some green veg, red veg, citrus fruit, other fruit and then potato in some form you'll be getting a sensible mix of the necessary vitamins and minerals...

mod

****. I always though potatoes were bleedin vegetables.

Original Poster

jah128;4422799

Potatoes aren't exactly vitamin rich, but they aren't bad for you (deep … Potatoes aren't exactly vitamin rich, but they aren't bad for you (deep fried in lard might not be the best though!). The whole '5 a day' thing is a drive to encourage people to eat a varied diet - that is whats important - but its common sense really - variety is the key. If you have some green veg, red veg, citrus fruit, other fruit and then potato in some form you'll be getting a sensible mix of the necessary vitamins and minerals...

well thx for that mr oliver :lol:
nah i do eat healthily was just confused at a nutitionist or whatever he was saying that home made chips were 1 of your 5 a day :thumbsup:

lyndsbowes;4422809

well thx for that mr oliver :lol:nah i do eat healthily was just confused … well thx for that mr oliver :lol:nah i do eat healthily was just confused at a nutitionist or whatever he was saying that home made chips were 1 of your 5 a day :thumbsup:

was he fat and in denial ? :whistling:

Original Poster

choc1969;4422814

was he fat and in denial ? :whistling:

:lol: yeah think he was trying to justify feeding his kids carp lol

lyndsbowes;4422809

well thx for that mr oliver :lol:nah i do eat healthily was just confused … well thx for that mr oliver :lol:nah i do eat healthily was just confused at a nutitionist or whatever he was saying that home made chips were 1 of your 5 a day :thumbsup:

Lol :giggle:

Seriously though, its not really all that scientific. The powers that be would probably say 'no' on the grounds that its deep-fried so bad for you (and they obv. want people to cut down on (saturated) fats), but if you have 4 other colours of veg/fruit + chips its not going to kill you!

lynds step away from the deep fat fryer with ur bag of mccain [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]chippie chips[/COLOR][/SIZE] !!!!!!!!!!!:p

Original Poster

jah128;4422830

Lol :giggle:Seriously though, its not really all that scientific. The … Lol :giggle:Seriously though, its not really all that scientific. The powers that be would probably say 'no' on the grounds that its deep-fried so bad for you (and they obv. want people to cut down on (saturated) fats), but if you have 4 other colours of veg/fruit + chips its not going to kill you!

alls good then.... tho tbh i hardly eat chips so don't know why i was so bothered.... just knew he was telling porkies :-D

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4422838

I Love Fried Bread Btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ewwwwww not for me

Original Poster

magicbeans;4422839

lynds step away from the deep fat fryer with ur bag of mccain … lynds step away from the deep fat fryer with ur bag of mccain [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]chippie chips[/COLOR][/SIZE] !!!!!!!!!!!:p

loooooooool i shall put them down and eat a stick of celery instead :lol:

lyndsbowes;4422851

Supposedly celery is negatively-calorific! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bananas

Original Poster

jah128;4422860

lol here goes jamie again :w00t:
i know it's the only food you can eat and lose weight with :thumbsup:

jah128;4422860

because it makes you throw up........yuk :lol:

lyndsbowes;4422851

o gawd no!! unless its dipped in nutella...and u suck the nutella and leave the celery! haha

Original Poster

magicbeans;4422873

o gawd no!! unless its dipped in nutella...and u suck the nutella and … o gawd no!! unless its dipped in nutella...and u suck the nutella and leave the celery! haha

bleurgh hate nutella. celery is lovely.... alan cant even stand the smell.... try cutting it up into little pieces, putting lots of phillidelphia on it and a 1/4 slice of thin ham on the top.... delicious :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jah128;4422888

:lol: @ ]Jamie Oliver

looool sounds like he's eaten to many E numbers.... sounds hyper lol

lyndsbowes;4422893

bleurgh hate nutella. celery is lovely.... alan cant even stand the … bleurgh hate nutella. celery is lovely.... alan cant even stand the smell.... try cutting it up into little pieces, putting lots of phillidelphia on it and a 1/4 slice of thin ham on the top.... delicious :thumbsup:

alan is normal...... :giggle: what about ur son? surely they dont like it do they?!

so weird u dont like nutella..are u the only woman on this planet who doesnt like nutella?

Original Poster

magicbeans;4422899

alan is normal...... :giggle: what about ur son? surely they dont like it … alan is normal...... :giggle: what about ur son? surely they dont like it do they?! so weird u dont like nutella..are u the only woman on this planet who doesnt like nutella?

my youngest loves it but my eldest hates it lol. nutella makes me feel sick.... that and peanut butter bleuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhh :-D

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4422915

i love that celery,nut,sultana salad supermarkets sell, it's … i love that celery,nut,sultana salad supermarkets sell, it's lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmm never tried it, sounds lovely :thumbsup:

Original Poster

well peeps, i'm off to bed now.... nice speaking to you all, nite nite xxxxxxx

Original Poster

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff335/alnbowes/nightlynds.gif

Goodnight

I'll just give my two cents - I'm in the air force and healthy. I eat what I want and I'm a very firm believer in there is NO such thing as a bad food... Just a bad diet. Anyway its like 2am and I'm still at work. Bah.

front page of virgin media the other day on the health section said that chlps from a chip shop - I normal bag ha less fat than a prawn/mayo sandwich about 1/4 less

Sweet potato chips do
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"1928
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17376131
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763876
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963002

See more discussions