Is this TV worth it?

Found 13th Jan
I am thinking to buy a ~49 TV and came across this:

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

I searched and I can not find it anywhere else.

Is it worth?
Is it a good TV?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
Buy a flat one!
why?
Currys exclusive variation of the MU6500 which a couple of feature differences. I haven't checked in detail but last year's variant, for example, added voice recognition.

Whether it's worth it depends on what you want from the TV. For normal TV use I'd go for the M6300 instead. If you're feeding it something that needs HDCP 2.2 but doesn't use HDR then the MU6200/MU6220 is worth a look as that drops the wide colour gamut backlight that's only beneficial to HDR content.

That's your choice around that price if you want a curved TV, every other manufacturer has gone for flat models this year.
mans098718 m ago

why?

Curved is a fad like 3d was. How many tvs still do 3d these days?
Wadda18 m ago

Curved is a fad like 3d was. How many tvs still do 3d these days?

is there any flat TV with these specs?
EndlessWaves23 m ago

Currys exclusive variation of the MU6500 which a couple of feature …Currys exclusive variation of the MU6500 which a couple of feature differences. I haven't checked in detail but last year's variant, for example, added voice recognition.Whether it's worth it depends on what you want from the TV. For normal TV use I'd go for the M6300 instead. If you're feeding it something that needs HDCP 2.2 but doesn't use HDR then the MU6200/MU6220 is worth a look as that drops the wide colour gamut backlight that's only beneficial to HDR content. That's your choice around that price if you want a curved TV, every other manufacturer has gone for flat models this year.

It has two tuners, and Video on Video and good picture (1700 PQI). I can not find any other TV in this price raneg with these facilities.
mans098729 m ago

It has two tuners, and Video on Video and good picture (1700 PQI). I can …It has two tuners, and Video on Video and good picture (1700 PQI). I can not find any other TV in this price raneg with these facilities.

Video on video? I don't recognise the term.

1700PQI is just a samsung marketing number for it's features and doesn't correspond to any objective measure so I wouldn't put any weight on that.

It does seem to be the cheapest TV with two terrestrial tuners though.
EndlessWaves22 m ago

Video on video? I don't recognise the term. 1700PQI is just a samsung …Video on video? I don't recognise the term. 1700PQI is just a samsung marketing number for it's features and doesn't correspond to any objective measure so I wouldn't put any weight on that.It does seem to be the cheapest TV with two terrestrial tuners though.

Sorry, it is called PIP (Picture on Picture)
mans098714 h, 15 m ago

is there any flat TV with these specs?

Try the Samsung UE49MU6400

I think that's the same tv but not curved?
Jak9256 m ago

Try the Samsung UE49MU6400 I think that's the same tv but not curved?

This model has one freeview and one freesat. I don't have freesat dish
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants