Groups

Is this Virgin package reasonable?

Hi

Been offered the following on on renewal.

TV M
    70 Fibre
    Anytime telephone line

£55 a month.

Not sure how (un)reasonable this is so would welcome comments

Thanks

24 Comments

No.

Original Poster

Suspected that. What would be reasonable? Presumably I should give thirty days notice and wait for them to call?

We got TV m, 200mbs, phone (which we never use) pay just under £50

Thats even too much. Hoping to get it down to the 30's at least.

Is that inc line rental?

Send in cancellation and hope for someone to call you back. Can easily be <45.

To get some perspective, some members here have got some crazy deals:
    hotukdeals.com/ask…234

No, we pay £44 for 200Mb. Unlimited Calls Anytime, 1000 Multi Talk and M TV w/Tivo Box.

Original Poster

Yes includes line rental. Thank you to everyone for your advice

we pay £50 for 1gb, unlimited weekend calls, phone line, M tv with tivo box

I ment 100gb

200mb full house package with a tivo and v+ in bedroom. Phone line but never use it. £75 a month.

Original Poster

Thank you all. I am wound up now and waiting to talk to them

I think i pay 32.49 for this same package.

I pay just under £50 for

150mbps interwebs
    TV M
    Tivo box
    Unlimited national calls

As above but only £38 last year now asking £54 so I told them to shove it & gone with sky for £34 got 2 Q boxes ultd calls box set and BB
    Vermin not even bothered to compete despite being loyal for over a decade

sowotsdis

As above but only £38 last year now asking £54 so I told them to shove it … As above but only £38 last year now asking £54 so I told them to shove it & gone with sky for £34 got 2 Q boxes ultd calls box set and BBVermin not even bothered to compete despite being loyal for over a decade

Sounds like a good deal, deal posted online or calling?

sowotsdis

As above but only £38 last year now asking £54 so I told them to shove it … As above but only £38 last year now asking £54 so I told them to shove it & gone with sky for £34 got 2 Q boxes ultd calls box set and BBVermin not even bothered to compete despite being loyal for over a decade

That's a pretty good deal mate.

I did online chat to get basic offer then called them up and said if they could give me a second box I'd sign up there and then putting them on the spot, and after few minutes going to her supervisor hey presto and I only had to pay £10 for connection which amazed me!
    I didn't push my luck and ask for their current GV of £35

Sub 45 for 150mb, line rental, m tv, TiVo.

I also want to sign up as new customer to virgin full house/vip 200mb, anytime calls etc (BT Sport and sky sports)
    Its £68.50 for 12 months then £101 for 6 month and thats without line rental.

How does everyone manage to pay much less, how much should I be paying for that package?

just renewed, TV xl, 100mb, weekend phone, line rental, second box, £54. not great but stacks up against opposition

thought about sky but only 12gb download limit

random_dude

thought about sky but only 12gb download limit

How do people manage on 12GB a day limit ?, i download like 40GB in a hour, most good games are like 50GB alone, my record is over 500GB in a day reinstalling games.
    Edited by: "Daytrader" 7th Sep 2016

Daytrader

How do people manage on 12GB a day limit ?, i download like 40GB in a … How do people manage on 12GB a day limit ?, i download like 40GB in a hour, most good games are like 50GB alone, my record is over 500GB in a day reinstalling games.

The allowance is monthly. Yeah crazy these days as you can fill that quick with a few iOS updates etc

kiish

The allowance is monthly. Yeah crazy these days as you can fill that … The allowance is monthly. Yeah crazy these days as you can fill that quick with a few iOS updates etc

Oh my god, monthly ? how can anyone manage with just that.

Daytrader

Oh my god, monthly ? how can anyone manage with just that.

I guess it's not bad for elderly who just browse/emails then again the unlimited ADSL would be a better option. But yeah these GB plans are useless.
    Edited by: "kiish" 7th Sep 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi phones46
      2. buy to let mortgage11
      3. Cheapest Amazon Prime subscription?11
      4. best place to buy batteries in bulk11

See more discussions