Is this washing machine deal to good to be true

Found 21st JunEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Is this washing machine deal to good to be true for a 7kg machine 109.98 delivered on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm…h2q

2963963.jpg

Community Updates
13 Comments
Maybe not, I bought mine on an eBay auction for that very same price. Came from a scratch and dent place, can't remember which. That was 3 years ago, still going strong and the small scratch was on the side so it can't be seen. I was quite proud of that purchase
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 21st Jun
For a 6kg it’s right.
I got a full size stand up freezer from eBay for £75, delivered. No marks, the seller just wanted to get rid. Came with guarantee too. Lasted me 10 years as my utility room freezer.
dorey6916 m ago

For a 6kg it’s right.

This is 7kg

Same version is £189.99 from argos

34086701-xZCvy.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 21st Jun
without the seller details, who knows?
dorey6917 m ago

For a 6kg it’s right.

its a 7kg
It's made by Bush so no
SOUTHWALES3 h, 28 m ago

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bush-WMDFX714W-Freestanding-7KG-A-1400-Spin-Washing-Machine-White/332692188325?hash=item4d75ffeca5:g:tIsAAOSw5PJbKh2q

It is a hacked account.

She hasn't sold anything like that before and already she's sold 12 in 24 hours. Hackers list items which are below other normal sellers' prices, coin in the funds and are gone before the account holder realises. The funds are gone but eBay and Paypal money back guarantees pay out to the buyer. Buyers are protected (albeit it takes a while to get your money back), the account holder is protected. The loser is Paypal/eBay.

You can report the listing, if enough do it quickly the scam will be stopped short.
Edited by: "windym" 21st Jun
windym5 h, 27 m ago

It is a hacked account.She hasn't sold anything like that before and …It is a hacked account.She hasn't sold anything like that before and already she's sold 12 in 24 hours. Hackers list items which are below other normal sellers' prices, coin in the funds and are gone before the account holder realises. The funds are gone but eBay and Paypal money back guarantees pay out to the buyer. Buyers are protected (albeit it takes a while to get your money back), the account holder is protected. The loser is Paypal/eBay.You can report the listing, if enough do it quickly the scam will be stopped short.

It's ridiculous how ebay don't have automated processes to spot these blatant scams
chocci8 m ago

It's ridiculous how ebay don't have automated processes to spot these …It's ridiculous how ebay don't have automated processes to spot these blatant scams

I agree. It's poor. At least the buyer (and seller) are protected. It can be protracted in getting refunds/funds released, but ultimately it's them (Paypal) that lose the money.
windym1 h, 17 m ago

I agree. It's poor. At least the buyer (and seller) are protected. It …I agree. It's poor. At least the buyer (and seller) are protected. It can be protracted in getting refunds/funds released, but ultimately it's them (Paypal) that lose the money.

I thought PayPal and eBay have been separated since 2015

recode.net/201…ent
Edited by: "chocci" 21st Jun
chocci8 h, 38 m ago

I thought PayPal and eBay have been separated since …I thought PayPal and eBay have been separated since 2015https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

Yes they are separate. What I mean was it's usually Paypal (as they handle the money side of the transaction) that end up paying. It will depend on which platform the buyer opens the case.

Open the case on eBay and eBay pay if they can't claw the funds from the Paypal account (if they've already been transferred for example).

Open the case on Paypal and Paypal pay if the funds have been withdrawn and cannot be reclaimed.

Most people would open the case on Paypal - hence my comment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants