EXPIRED

Is this watch a fake or genuine

I have been left this watch in a will. I would like to know if it is genuine.
I will be taking it into a shop when I have time, just asking on here first

It is a Breitling Chronometer Navitimer Watch
On the back it reads
Bentley Motors
Special Edition
Certified Chronometer
100M/330FT
Manufactured In Switzarland
by BREITLING
A25362

It has the letter B on the winder, and is embossed on the strap with BREITLING 1884. Says Breitling on the clasp with the wings.

Thanks in advance

52 Comments

Original Poster

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/lindauk_photos/S8304179.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/lindauk_photos/S8304180.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/lindauk_photos/S8304190.jpg

Fake.

Ask BG1 he's an expert in these sort of things.

Take it to the shop. It looks nice, the writing on the back towards the bottom doesnt look very well stamped.:roll:

Banned

3 quid here

looks like fairly old watch, without authenticity certificates its hard to tell, really need to be opened up by a breitling authorised retailer to be sure,

looks like a turkey £10 one to me

btw if it is real its worth thousands

wouldve thought if it was real they could have spelled switzErland correctly?

Original Poster

It was hard to get a picture of the back, it also has a plastic protector on it.

barky;7246057

wouldve thought if it was real they could have spelled switzErland … wouldve thought if it was real they could have spelled switzErland correctly?

Bit of a giveaway innit?

lindauk;7246069

It was hard to get a picture of the back, it also has a plastic protector … It was hard to get a picture of the back, it also has a plastic protector on it.

lol, it is wierd that it says switzarland tho lol

like i said without authenticity certificates, the only way to be sure is take it to an authorised breitling retailer

how well does it glow in the dark from a 30 second charge
if it glows quite bright and then fades very quickly it will most likely be a fake
the real one should have superluminova on the arabic numbers which should give it quite a bright glow for a long period of time

This is the A25362
http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2/watch_images/watchesbreitling_breitling/w2160_c.JPG

Watch out if you take it to a shop. A friend of mine did this with a rolex he paid £100 on holiday. The bloke smashed it with a hammer he had under the counter and said he does that with any fake watch he sees!

tonyg1962;7246106

This is the A25362

you do realise there is loads of variations of each model of any prestigious watch maker and the a25362 has been being made for a while i think so this is obviously an older model

lol breitling has loads of models like micoo said toooo many and various differences
I should have a good answer for the OP soon

leecroot;7246115

Watch out if you take it to a shop. A friend of mine did this with a … Watch out if you take it to a shop. A friend of mine did this with a rolex he paid £100 on holiday. The bloke smashed it with a hammer he had under the counter and said he does that with any fake watch he sees!

bahahahaha :lol: legend, wht do you expect when you pay 100 quid for a rolex, no way its genuine

tonyg1962;7246106

This is the A25362

guess that proves its fake then-they cant both be the same model number,and the misspelling on the back makes it a knock off unfortunately.

I had an old Heuer watch that I wanted to get repaired but wasn't sure if it was real or fake and was told that if it went back to manufacturers and was fake they'd destroy it. Had a local jeweller check it as it had no serials on the back (but he found them inside.) It went back to Switzerland for restoration and turns out to be worth thousands! Which was nice!!!

tonyg1962;7246106

This is the A25362

Ah, but that may be the fake..... There's a bit of a mind**** for you :lol: :w00t:

barky;7246146

guess that proves its fake then-they cant both be the same model … guess that proves its fake then-they cant both be the same model number,and the misspelling on the back makes it a knock off unfortunately.

by that logic then one of these is fake since the are both the same model

http://www.rlx-sales.com/user/4328/medium/u4328t1229526794-1.jpg

micoo;7246181

I bet they all are :lol:

No offence to the OP, but that watch looks like something you'd buy from Lidl:oops:

OP, you should always watch out for fakes , every minute one changes hands :thumbsup:

micoo;7246181

That is the same model with a white face,

been told its a fake OP soz lol dont pay to much if you gonna buy it

micoo;7246181

fair enough point,although for me,not being a watch expert,a top quality swiss maker who cant spell switzerland would be a dead giveaway. its weird that the same model number has so many variations tho-you would think they would change the prefix letter or summat for each incarnation.

its a lovely looking watch from the pics but the spelling on the back would worry me.

im pretty sure that the A25362, refers to the mechanism rather than the watch, hence why there is so many variations, like with all proper watch makers

numptyj;7246231

been told its a fake OP soz lol dont pay to much if you gonna buy it

she has been left it in a will

barky;7246232

fair enough point,although for me,not being a watch expert,a top quality … fair enough point,although for me,not being a watch expert,a top quality swiss maker who cant spell switzerland would be a dead giveaway. its weird that the same model number has so many variations tho-you would think they would change the prefix letter or summat for each incarnation.its a lovely looking watch from the pics but the spelling on the back would worry me.

ye, only way to 100% know is get it looked at by an authorised dealer, they wont smash it in your face lol

micoo;7246234

im pretty sure that the A25362, refers to the mechanism rather than the … im pretty sure that the A25362, refers to the mechanism rather than the watch, hence why there is so many variations, like with all proper watch makers

the movement would probs be an A7750 movement I think the A25362 is just a breitling model number just like all rolexes have there own model numbers

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. Will leave rep.

micoo;7246234

im pretty sure that the A25362, refers to the mechanism rather than the … im pretty sure that the A25362, refers to the mechanism rather than the watch, hence why there is so many variations, like with all proper watch makers

I learn something new every day. there was another thread last night with a pic of a rolex daytona which I assumed was fake cos it looks completely different to my brothers one,and I know for certain his is real but you have explained it now-I will stick to my sekondas and kahunas now lol.

numptyj;7246249

the movement would probs be an A7750 movement I think the A25362 is just … the movement would probs be an A7750 movement I think the A25362 is just a breitling model number just like all rolexes have there own model numbers

thats an automatic movement isnt it? i love automatics, my watch is nothing fancy, its a 250 quid tissot but its a beautifull watch, semi automatic, sapphire crystal backing so you can see the movement too lol i love watchin it

99% genuine

From a will? This person thought about you when hes thinking about him dying? And anyone would sell it? If this was worth thousands I still wouldn't sell it unless I was living outside on the street.

numptyj;7246249

the movement would probs be an A7750 movement I think the A25362 is just … the movement would probs be an A7750 movement I think the A25362 is just a breitling model number just like all rolexes have there own model numbers

numpty-how come you know so much about this stuff? here and in the gerbils thread last night you demonstrated an encyclopedic knowledge of watches-are you in the trade or just an enthusiast?

micoo;7246247

ye, only way to 100% know is get it looked at by an authorised dealer, … ye, only way to 100% know is get it looked at by an authorised dealer, they wont smash it in your face lol

wouldnt recommend taking it to an AD theres a forum called RWG which is really good if your interested in replica watches, thats what i use to get my bad ass reps

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/31/orangepo3resize.jpg

in relation to barkys comment ^ ^ member of the site above, really good for general watch knowledge also, and the watch in the BG thread was replica lol.
well my rubbish pic was, the other pictures i put up were actually pictures of the real datejust
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions