Expired

Is this website a scam Alpine Electronics alpineelectronicsltd.co.uk / alpinelectronicsltd.co.uk

Found 12th Nov 2013
alpineelectronicsltd.co.uk/

Saw a cheap Xbox One Day One Edition there but it looks shady as hell. Any detectives here able to see any scam signs?
Didn't order anything off of them btw, just curious.

Thanks.

Edit:
alpineelectronicsltd.co.uk/
© Alpine Electronics is a trading name of NJ Wholesale Ltd
companycheck.co.uk/com…ers
Community Updates
603 Comments

Domain name:
alpineelectronicsltd.co.uk

Registrant:
alpine electronics

Registrant type:
UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
82 king street
Salford
LAN
M2 4WQ
United Kingdom

Registrar:
1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = SCHLUND]
URL: 1and1.co.uk or registrar.1und1.info

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 10-Sep-2013
Expiry date: 10-Sep-2015
Last updated: 10-Sep-2013

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns-uk.1and1-dns.biz
ns-uk.1and1-dns.co.uk
ns-uk.1and1-dns.com
ns-uk.1and1-dns.org
Address on site is

NJ WHOLSESALE LTD
Unit 15
Three Point Business Park/Charles Lane
Charles Lane
Haslingden
Rossendale
Lancashire
BB4 5EH
And how much of a bargain is this Xbox?
Thanks Derby_Lad, what does that info tell you then? Legit or not?

There is an Xbox One with Forza 5 for £409.99.
£409.99 for a day 1 forza edition, sounds well dodgey to me!!
How much should they be?
£439 but getting your hands on a day one edition now is nigh on impossible, game are only guaranteeing xmas delivery
Well day ones are £429.99 so a saving of £20. Some sites have been doing similar discounts. Something just doesn't feel right about the site haha.
If in doubt. Leave it out.
not worth the risk. was mentioned on another forum and they were discussing the discarded matress outside that address on pics feom google maps. seems real nice place lol.
Registered on: 10-Sep-2013

No chance would I take the risk on top of the address differences the above just rings bells
In these situations I always think if these potentially dodgy sites ar £20-30 cheaper than a reputable site why risk it for £20-30. If they're £100-150 cheaper you know it's too good to be true. Either way why bother?
I just had a Live Chat with this company from their website. Kept stringing him along for some time without letting on that I suspected his site was dodgy.

Initially I asked when they were getting stock of PS4. He responded with... "the 28/11/13. No we have been trading for 2 years"

I didn't even ask that!

I done a google streetview investigation and found that Unit 15 of Charles way points to a different company altogether. A wine cellar. When I questioned why this was the case and why if they have been trading for 2 years was the domain name only registered 2 months ago... he closed the chat. surprise surprise.

Doesn't seem too good.
Just tried again, posing as an old lady. Starting asking questions regarding the Xbox One and he was responding fine. Then I thought i'd kick it up a gear and ask how long the website has been running...

He responded with: "It is an updated version"

I then asked again if he could tell me actually how long the website has been running.

He said he would ask their technical guys. A minute later.... Ended the Chat. Surprise surprise.

I'm 90% sure these guys are cowboys
The same question was asked yesterday too...

hotukdeals.com/tag…893
Edited by: "cdm22" 13th Nov 2013
Thanks for the link. I tried a search on here for the company but could find any info.
I ordered the xbox yesterday, after reading these comments, i got my suspisions, tryed to get a refund back today, they didnt answer the phone, so i called the mobile number from the link that you guys put up on here. He said the lines have been down all morning to try again later. I did manage to get through, i advised him that i sent an email but no reply, he said he would sort out my refund, but the accounts department are over flooded with orders at the moment and they will be in contact with you........still no reply.They are cowboys be warned!!!
I have just ordered with them before reading this. Quite scared now :\ I am going to wait it out though and see what happens. Worst case scenario I call my bank and request a chargeback.
Still no joy in getting my refund.....I will keep yous all updated
I have had a look at some of the other products on their website and the few that i have seen are the RRP. Gives me a little more hope.

When I asked the chat person, how they had stock so late.They answered,

"we were confirmed stock very late so we are trying to sell our stock quickly"
So hope so calumk123, fingers crossed
I just asked them why their website had only been running for 2 months and they said it had been altered 2 months ago and have been trading for 2 years.

Fingers crossed this is the case. But there is definitely something fishy going on. Hopefully this is just some money laundering and doesn't effect me haha.
I've been talking with the chat person for a while and i get the feeling its not dodgy but then i look back at the website and the prices and then im not so sure...
I don't think the prices are that dodgy at all to be honest. Can you show me a specific example?
ps4 + killzone bundle is £45 cheaper than the cheapest place i could find (ASDA).
Have you guys seen what Unit 15, Charles Way looks like on Google Maps. Certainly not Alpine Electronics that's for sure. Unless they now sell wine as well as electrical equipment. And they say they've been trading 2 years??
Street View it, you can get right round to Unit 15
Yea I'm gonna swerve it, if it's too good to be true it probably is.
The guy that answered the phone today said hesitantly that they would contact me today re refund. What a surprise, should i say more.......I have just sent a registered letter to them which they should receive by tomorrow (consumers rights advice), well lets see if they sign for it at the so called address.
Unfortunately iv been one of the unlucky ones.........now hope that many more would be buyers find this forum and think twice
Good luck guys, hope you get your money back, this does sounds pretty dodgy to say the least.

With regards to there address on google maps, check to see what year the image is from, this might give you indication as to why it is another company showing.
Jeeze I ordered mine from there yesterday before I read all this hope that it is legit otherwise I'll be requesting a charge back from my bank too like "calumk123"
o m g i have just ordered the ps4 from them!!!!i i hope its ok.i have paid for it on my daugters credit card so if a prob my daughter will be getting in touch with credit card provider.I have been done before that is why i used a credit card and not my bank details.fingers crossed
I have done the same and ordered a ps4 today off them don't know why I trusted it now , rang my bank they told me my money was 100% secure and its "pre-authorized" atm. so the money is not available to me but the bank still has it till the 21st then they can claim it don't know whether to ride it out or not hope to hear more updates Soon
I ordered a samsung galaxy s4 from them on monday should have been delivered today still not arrived. rang them only to be told its to be delivered tomorrow. fingers crossed its not a scam, i will give them 1 more day before getting onto my credit card company for a refund. i'll keep u guys updated.
Has anyone heard of Alpine electronics?

I Was interested in buying a xbox one Console from them but i have never heard from them before!
I did try finding a review on the company but could not find anything.
Just wanted to make sure if they are genuine?

Thanks
DeusVentus

Good luck guys, hope you get your money back, this does sounds pretty … Good luck guys, hope you get your money back, this does sounds pretty dodgy to say the least.With regards to there address on google maps, check to see what year the image is from, this might give you indication as to why it is another company showing.

well after searching for them on googlemaps i have found unit 15 and there is NO mattress outside it so idon't know what that poster was on about, also the googlemaps says the image is from march 2009. they may be there after all if they have been trading 2 years. guess we'll find out tomorrow how legit they are if my phone arrives. i hope it does.
janetsmalling

well after searching for them on googlemaps i have found unit 15 and … well after searching for them on googlemaps i have found unit 15 and there is NO mattress outside it so idon't know what that poster was on about, also the googlemaps says the image is from march 2009. they may be there after all if they have been trading 2 years. guess we'll find out tomorrow how legit they are if my phone arrives. i hope it does.

Your phone isn't going to arrive. You have been scammed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants