Is this website legit

Posted 5th Jun
Hi I was wondering if anyone had heard of chillingwine.co.uk. Can't seem to get any info on google. Was going to spend over £500 on this place, and the site looks secure, but just wanted to doublecheck, thanks inadvance.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Scamadvisor

Very new site so unlikely to be any reviews etc. Everyone has to start somewhere though, even Amazon was new once.
Edited by: "ArcadeAssassin" 5th Jun
Hmm... website doesn’t pop up in google search. No reviews. As said before could just be a new business but it’s always best to be safe than sorry. I’d suggest looking elsewhere if you’re spending quite a bit.
I just had a look at their Twitter page (via the link on their website). Does the content there not seem a bit odd for a UK company selling fridges?
twitter.com/Chi…ine
Haircut_10005/06/2020 10:46

I just had a look at their Twitter page (via the link on their website). …I just had a look at their Twitter page (via the link on their website). Does the content there not seem a bit odd for a UK company selling fridges?https://twitter.com/ChillingWine

I was thinking the same.
sid176305/06/2020 10:54

I was thinking the same.

Actually I've just had a look at the About Us section of their website. It says that their parent company is called The Nutritional Organic Food Co LTD who have been trading for 7 years. Maybe they converted their Twitter page from another name when they started selling wine coolers.
Haircut_10005/06/2020 10:57

Actually I've just had a look at the About Us section of their website. It …Actually I've just had a look at the About Us section of their website. It says that their parent company is called The Nutritional Organic Food Co LTD who have been trading for 7 years. Maybe they converted their Twitter page from another name when they started selling wine coolers.

yes I also noticed that, but there's not much on that company either
All seems plausible including trading disclosures until checking t&c page then it all falls apart, as does privacy page.
Basic ignorance by website operator or something more sinister.
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 11:06

All seems plausible including trading disclosures until checking t&c page …All seems plausible including trading disclosures until checking t&c page then it all falls apart, as does privacy page.Basic ignorance by website operator or something more sinister.

Thanks for your help guys probably just leave it. Was going to buy using credit card, but it's like they say if you see something that's too good to be true it probably is. thanks again.
Edited by: "sid1763" 5th Jun
sid176305/06/2020 11:13

Thanks for your help guys probably just leave it. Was going to buy using …Thanks for your help guys probably just leave it. Was going to buy using credit card, but it's like they say if you see something that's too good to be true it probably is. thanks again.

The refund policy page is hilarious, although Oscar may want to disassociate it/himself from it
chillingwine.co.uk/pol…tml
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 11:32

The refund policy page is hilarious, although Oscar may want to …The refund policy page is hilarious, although Oscar may want to disassociate it/himself from ithttps://chillingwine.co.uk/policies/refund-policy.html

One of the best I have seen lol
windyshaner05/06/2020 17:08

Found this on the webhttps://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08129272

Ideal victim receptive to potential scam who does not appear to have considered possibility of trading name / corporate ID hijack by a website operator.
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 17:15

Ideal victim receptive to potential scam who does not appear to have …Ideal victim receptive to potential scam who does not appear to have considered possibility of trading name / corporate ID hijack by a website operator.

£56 in bank 2018 stay clear
windyshaner05/06/2020 17:29

£56 in bank 2018 stay clear

Or more concern: you've just confirmed you are receptive to trading name / corporate ID hijack scams.
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 17:32

Or more concern: you've just confirmed you are receptive to trading name / …Or more concern: you've just confirmed you are receptive to trading name / corporate ID hijack scams.

would be if i used the internet to shop
Just reqd some of their terms and conditions and refund policy. They are some of the most anti customer anti user t+c’s ive ever seen. I feel like im in trouble/have done something wrong and will have to pay their shipping just for reading them! whilst they take no responsibility in any way for anything on their website and i should use more accurate sources about their products....... errrrr no thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text