Groups

Is this website safe to sell my iPod to?

Hi everyone,

I was just cleaning out my draws and came across some obsolete items I no longer use, one of which being an iPod touch - gadgetmill.co.uk/

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with these guys? They seem to offer a good price for my iPod Touch (I think it is a 5th generation!)

Any help or advice would be great!

9 Comments

I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. Website is registered to a private individual at a residential address.

The website contains no contact information at all so it doesn't exactly instill much confidence.

It does have fairly good reviews on TrustPilot, but only 59 reviews so not exactly amazing.

Sell on here, or use eBay.

If you list on eBay today you only pay £1 final fees - hotukdeals.com/dea…459

BeerDrinker

I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. Website is registered … I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. Website is registered to a private individual at a residential address.The website contains no contact information at all so it doesn't exactly instill much confidence.It does have fairly good reviews on TrustPilot, but only 59 reviews so not exactly amazing.

59 reviews, of which nearly all come from reviewers who've only ever reviewed Gadgetmill, and who write in very similar styles.

For what it is worth - I totally agree wih the comments tha have been made before me- 100 percent.

The very fact that you have asked the question here as well, is a good thing insofar as you too are obviously not sure about it - and it would seem with every reason to be suspicious.

lile one of the posts above says, sell the bits on ebay if you cna make use of that offer - or alternatively, put the bits up for sale on here as was also mentioned, there are LOADS of Private Sales of gadgets and odds n sods on here....

Or see how much that dodgy site will offer for your bits - and then that will give you a guide price of which you know that you shold be looking to achieve ..... Or use the price on Ebay as a benchmark....

I too have lots of bits n bobs that I have thought of selling, but I have just never got round to it, or had the patience to "list" them if you know what I mean?

:-)

Hope these answers above have helped!
    PS The shop chain "Game" also buy and sell bits n bobs...
    Purrrrrrrr
    Edited by: "cloudthecat" 15th Jan

I sold my Note 4 on here, so as long as you follow the HUKD advice and rules, there should be no issue..... :O)

dxx

59 reviews, of which nearly all come from reviewers who've only ever … 59 reviews, of which nearly all come from reviewers who've only ever reviewed Gadgetmill, and who write in very similar styles.

Yea, it does look fishy. Looked them up on facebook, you'd expect a company such as this to have a prominent facebook presence, but they're largely inactive, with only one customer comment on there - and that asks if they're still trading as they're still waiting to hear back from them for a quote over the xmas holidays - to which there was been no reply.

Could be legit, but I wouldn't be confident sending my stuff there.

benjammin316

Sell on here, or use eBay.If you list on eBay today you only pay £1 final … Sell on here, or use eBay.If you list on eBay today you only pay £1 final fees - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-ebay-max-final-value-fees-100-listings-15th-16th-jan-2600459

That's invitation only.

Original Poster

Posted the same question my Facebook, a friend has used them (but don't speak to them much). I really can't stand eBay to be honest, so will give them a shot and will provide some feedback. P.S. uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk just checked the reviews someone mentioned.

There are quite a lot of occasions where people have left more than one review for various places to further back this up.
    Edited by: "gameofthrones121" 15th Jan

Original Poster

Just following this up as I promised. They were definitely legit phew! I stated the iPod was in new condition, but this was re-quoted via email. To be fair I had it over a year (in a case) but it surely should have had some marks regardless.

Payment was made to my PayPal as requested and I wasn't charged any fee (even though it said there would be a PayPal charge on the form!)

Hope this helps anyone in the future.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions