Groups

is this worth it?networking kit

link below

7 Comments

Very nice, but 5GHz only.

Basically means that 2.4GHz 802.11b/g devices have no chance of connecting to them, when used as Access Points or Wireless Repeaters.

If on the other hand you are looking for a Wireless Network Bridge, that is immune to the interference from the other nearby networks, look not further - you have found it.

Odd piece of kit, usually these are dual band.

Firmware updates are available ]here and do add 802.11n Draft 2 compatibility.

Those access points should be dual band.. I've set them up before. But can't be entirely sure because it doesnt state what model they are...

edit: actually yeah there's a more info bit and it does look like they're 5Ghz only.. weird huh.

TBH, you are better off getting 200MBPS homeplugs rather than a 5GHZ wireless N setup. Main reason, wireless will never be as reliable or robust as wired. Plus the Homeplugs give you teh advantage of adding more terminals, and maybe adding a WIFI N access point in one of the branches1

the 2 APs bridge on the 802.11a (5GHz) which runs at 54mbps half duplex, which is a bottle neck if its spouting out on the client side 802.11n (2.4GHz) 300mbps half duplex

Original Poster

ahhh i see. Thanks guys wll rep you. Will think about what i want deeply before i buy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay12
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32164
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322

See more discussions