Is transferwise.com legit/safe?

9 replies
Found 5th Sep 2016
Just wondering if anyone has used transferwise.com before and is it safe and legit? Need to send some money to Malaysia, so if there's any other method to do so please don't hesitate to tell me ☺

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Banned

westernunion.com Is safe & has been doing it for decades.

Cant comment on transferwise. No idea
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 5th Sep 2016

Yes legit have used it before

Western union has ridiculous fees

it's safe and gives very good service. Have been using it to send money to India since last 2 years.

Original Poster

thanks guys, and btw I checked westernunion also it seems fees is only £2.90

I've used Transferwise multiple times to send money to HK. Money has always been received within 3 working days.

Just did a quick comparison between WU and TW.

WU: £1000 + £2.90 (fee) -> 5,371.14 MYR
TW: £1000 -> 5,377.06 MYR (fee included)

I use Transferwise on a monthly basis to switch my Danish salary into GBP. Very good service

I use both Transferwise and Xendpay. I think the first transfer on Xendpay upto £2000 is free. Very good experience with both services.

Fairfx do international transfers. I sent a large amount to pay for a holiday in India and it was straightforward and cheaper than western union.

I was just reading about TW in the City A.M paper - they sound legit to me, they started out doing transfers between UK and Estonia and have expanded from there.

I send money overseas by using the pre-pay credit cards, post it overseas for peanuts, then load it up when you need to and they can withdraw at any ATM. I recommend a Revolut card as there are no withdrawal fees.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769541
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21118

See more discussions