Groups

Is UBER better than the conventional means of calling and booking in advance?

Just a heads up, I have never used UBER before.
    I plan to book a cab for tomorrow morning at 06:30 but don't want to leave it at the last minute to book a cab.
    Is UBER reliable, as I cant see any options to book in advance? (I have google'd)
    Any help would be much appreciated.

20 Comments

Very reliable, but the availability really depends on where u live. Download the app now and see how many cars are in your area

Original Poster

ailikecheese

Very reliable, but the availability really depends on where u live. … Very reliable, but the availability really depends on where u live. Download the app now and see how many cars are in your area

Thank you. 1 car seems to just be revolving around my house.

Original Poster

ailikecheese

Very reliable, but the availability really depends on where u live. … Very reliable, but the availability really depends on where u live. Download the app now and see how many cars are in your area

Would be nice to know if that happens at 06:30 in the morning.

I've only used Uber once. But from friends' experiences they are very reliable. I ordered my cab at the last minute and it arrived within 10/15 mins

Original Poster

sazzopardi1971

I've only used Uber once. But from friends' experiences they are very … I've only used Uber once. But from friends' experiences they are very reliable. I ordered my cab at the last minute and it arrived within 10/15 mins

Thank you.

Also try an app called Karhoo, very similar to Uber, but with a FIXED prices from a selection of cab companies in your area. You can also pre book. Payment is via your credit/debit card.

Also use code BONUS20 for £20 off your 1st ride.

Received email from uber yesterday, you can now book in for 30 day advance...

Original Poster

saphiryman

Received email from uber yesterday, you can now book in for 30 day … Received email from uber yesterday, you can now book in for 30 day advance...

I cant see that option on my app. Is there a possibility it could be location specific?

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

Also try an app called Karhoo, very similar to Uber, but with a FIXED … Also try an app called Karhoo, very similar to Uber, but with a FIXED prices from a selection of cab companies in your area. You can also pre book. Payment is via your credit/debit card. Also use code BONUS20 for £20 off your 1st ride.

I will take a look. Thank you.

jaykaygeetoo

I cant see that option on my app. Is there a possibility it could be … I cant see that option on my app. Is there a possibility it could be location specific?

​only available in london at the moment...

Original Poster

saphiryman

​only available in london at the moment...

I am in London, but it definitely doesn't show me. Must be Zone 1 only.

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

Also try an app called Karhoo, very similar to Uber, but with a FIXED … Also try an app called Karhoo, very similar to Uber, but with a FIXED prices from a selection of cab companies in your area. You can also pre book. Payment is via your credit/debit card. Also use code BONUS20 for £20 off your 1st ride.

The reviews don't look very promising. Considering reliability is what I was looking for, they seem to lack that.

Very good in the USA.

I have used uber several times without any problems. Drivers will find you via GPS location on your phone which is a help if you don't know the exact location you want picking up.

Here is a £15.00 off code for new customers -> VCUK15. Also, yourself and a friend can earn £10.00 each time you get them to sign up and use the taxi services.

As a ex-uber driver I received updates every week or so, here is link for advance booking...
    Advance Booking

It's not really reliable for pre-planned trips, your chance of getting a car depends on if any drivers can be bothered to get up at that time.

Original Poster

Uber was so easy and cheaper than the quoted price from my local cab company.
    I don't know why I was worried.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciate it.

Original Poster

mintcondition

I have used uber several times without any problems. Drivers will find … I have used uber several times without any problems. Drivers will find you via GPS location on your phone which is a help if you don't know the exact location you want picking up.Here is a £15.00 off code for new customers -> VCUK15. Also, yourself and a friend can earn £10.00 each time you get them to sign up and use the taxi services.

It did not allow me to use the voucher, although I am definitely a new customer.
    But I did no mind as it was so much cheaper anyways.

Thank you mintcondition.

jaykaygeetoo

It did not allow me to use the voucher, although I am definitely a new … It did not allow me to use the voucher, although I am definitely a new customer.But I did no mind as it was so much cheaper anyways.Thank you mintcondition.

If you are a new customer, and wasn't successful in obtaining a £10 promotion, then you can contact Uber via the app and explain. They will then reimburse/refund you

Original Poster

sazzopardi1971

If you are a new customer, and wasn't successful in obtaining a £10 … If you are a new customer, and wasn't successful in obtaining a £10 promotion, then you can contact Uber via the app and explain. They will then reimburse/refund you

Thank you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI1010
      2. parquet floor sanded57
      3. Decent hoover66
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22

See more discussions