Is using European charger with adaptor safe

Posted 26th Apr
I bought an iphone eu model they gave me a 3 pin adaptor is it safe to use?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Yeah
Stop overthinking.
Hass2826/04/2020 21:15

You sure it wont mess up my phone?

If you’re that worried, just get a uk usb plug.
Hass2826/04/2020 21:15

You sure it wont mess up my phone?

If the 3pin adaptor is fitted with a suitable fuse and the charger is a firm fit in the 3pin adaptor then all should be fine.
AndyRoyd26/04/2020 21:40

If the 3pin adaptor is fitted with a suitable fuse and the charger is a …If the 3pin adaptor is fitted with a suitable fuse and the charger is a firm fit in the 3pin adaptor then all should be fine.

It’s just a generic plug I got from wowcamera thanks for the non troll post
Just keep the EU one for travelling and use any usb plug you have, or order a replacement off Amazon. An iPhone doesn’t need an iPhone plug to charge.
Hass2826/04/2020 21:59

It’s just a generic plug I got from wowcamera thanks for the non troll post

Suggestion: generally avoid any adapter that doesn't have an integral fuse. The Pifco-branded "UK tourist" adapters provide facility to fit fuse of your choice and the physical fit of a typical 2-pin European mains plug is usually very tight. Currently £2.99 Prime but occasionally drop to less than £1
amazon.co.uk/dp/…J9/
You can get a fused 'UK Visitor adaptor' in most pound shops. They are good quality , I have two and both are Status branded.
yorkie1227/04/2020 04:59

You can get a fused 'UK Visitor adaptor' in most pound shops. They are …You can get a fused 'UK Visitor adaptor' in most pound shops. They are good quality , I have two and both are Status branded.

Yes I've got a couple of those Status ones as well, good quality as you say.
Is your 2 pin charger an original Apple one? If so, perfectly safe to use with an adapter or keep for holidays. Avoid unbranded cheap chargers.
I tend to only use this type neo, they're fused and unlike the others the EU device is at a different angle so doesn't accidentally come out when unplugging it and stuff fits securely with no wobbling.

I never found the others great, always not a great fit and easy to knock out.

40552107.jpg
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 27th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions