Is vivid 350 worth it ?

Found 23rd Mar
I'm paying £41 for vivid 200 plus phone but can upgrade to vivid 350 for an extra £2 a month. some users have hit 385mb/s which is roughly 48MBs.

Tempted but not sure any site can hit that.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
It all depends on your household and the number of concurrent users and their bandwidth requirements. If you have family with 5 or 6 devices streaming HD/4k content or gaming all at once then it makes perfect sense to upgrade.

Lots of servers are capable of 50MBs so downloading content at the max bandwidth is feasible. My gaming library such as Steam and Origin download games/updates at 45-49MBs.

It is also worth noting, that to make full use of that bandwidth you will need to ensure your network infrastructure is pretty good - everything is running on gigabit Ethernet or dual band WiFi with strong signal strength. Otherwise you wouldn't be making the most of it.
Edited by: "ChrisKaru" 23rd Mar
ChrisKaru7 h, 0 m ago

It all depends on your household and the number of concurrent users and …It all depends on your household and the number of concurrent users and their bandwidth requirements. If you have family with 5 or 6 devices streaming HD/4k content or gaming all at once then it makes perfect sense to upgrade. Lots of servers are capable of 50MBs so downloading content at the max bandwidth is feasible. My gaming library such as Steam and Origin download games/updates at 45-49MBs.It is also worth noting, that to make full use of that bandwidth you will need to ensure your network infrastructure is pretty good - everything is running on gigabit Ethernet or dual band WiFi with strong signal strength. Otherwise you wouldn't be making the most of it.

I guess I'm just more impatient now and saving a bit more time downloading games off steam is more important than it used to be. Sounds daft but for the extra couple of £s a month I'm quite happy to pay it.
I’d do it I’m on 200 but the upgrade hasn’t hit my area yet. For the extra £2 you’d never miss.

though I really wish virgin would increase their upload speed.
I would say no... I currently am paying £31 for vivid 200 and anytime calls and caller display.
It was for me as it was a free upgrade from the 300MB package
krazie200426 m ago

I would say no... I currently am paying £31 for vivid 200 and anytime …I would say no... I currently am paying £31 for vivid 200 and anytime calls and caller display.

I think the only way I'm going to get that either dropping service and waiting it out or paying line rental upfront
I paid out in the end a little extra at £45 but I'm getting 48MBs which is exceptional.

Downloaded DMC Devil May Cry off Steam onto my SSD at 48.5MB/s Peak and averaging 48MB/s. Downloaded under 3 minutes easily. I guess it beats 5.25" floppies
I've just gone down from 150 to 100MB and can say I have not noticed any practical difference.

Quite a heavy user - kids still at home, couple of streaming boxes and 100MB does everything we need.

I won't be taking any upgrade options even if they were available for free as I think it would weaken my negotiating position with Virgin when my contract is up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions