Groups
    EXPIRED

Is Wii softmodding legal to sell?

Not sure about this one?

I want to put an ad in the paper but i'm not sure if it's legal or illegal?

15 Comments

Supermod

Will you also be selling copied games?

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Will you also be selling copied games?

Nope, I know selling the games is illegal.

Supermod

399out

Nope, I know selling the games is illegal.

Wait for someone to confirm but I would imagine it is not illegal to softmod the Wii but it would then be illegal to play a game on it for which you have not purchased. This type of topic isn't my arena so I wouldn't take my word for it.

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Wait for someone to confirm but I would imagine it is not illegal to … Wait for someone to confirm but I would imagine it is not illegal to softmod the Wii but it would then be illegal to play a game on it for which you have not purchased. This type of topic isn't my arena so I wouldn't take my word for it.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if I can actually sell the service legally. Hmmm hopefully someone will know... Thanks for the help though pal!

How easy is it to softmod a wii? Might do the one I've got for the wife

Original Poster

souljacker

Wouldn't say extremely easy but easy as long as you read and understand the tutorials perfectly!

souljacker

Pretty easy if you have the correct information on how it's done.There are plenty of tutorials all over the net, but most are hard to follow.

I would post the link to the information i used to do mine, but i would probably get banned or something.

Original Poster

Legal / illegal?

its not ilegal to do but ilegal to play backups etc unless you own the origonals,doing something like that for payment could land you in bother with taxman as im assuming you wont declare earnings

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972

its not ilegal to do but ilegal to play backups etc unless you own the … its not ilegal to do but ilegal to play backups etc unless you own the origonals,doing something like that for payment could land you in bother with taxman as im assuming you wont declare earnings

Didn't think about that!!

Banned

you can do what you want to any device you own, its only illegal when you pirate copyrighted software

People will pay you to load Indiana jones on their console and press a couple of buttons??

If they can't do that themselves I doubt they will know how to download games and put them onto a USB drive to make use.

I reckon it's legal as long as you state it, don't see the problem myself.

Banned

jamstaruk1972

its not ilegal to do but ilegal to play backups etc unless you own the … its not ilegal to do but ilegal to play backups etc unless you own the origonals,doing something like that for payment could land you in bother with taxman as im assuming you wont declare earnings

ryman1000

you can do what you want to any device you own, its only illegal when you … you can do what you want to any device you own, its only illegal when you pirate copyrighted software

starsparkle2311

I reckon it's legal as long as you state it, don't see the problem myself.

Anyone got a link to anything that backs that opinion up?

It's illegal to circumvent copy protection, add 'in the course of a business' and you have a criminal offence that you can go to jail for.
    So pretty obvious charging for doing it will be pretty dodgy to say the least.

Original Poster

I think it's a bad idea in all honesty... Haha I will expire this

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. word association Game73844449
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047075
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767161
    4. one thing you're scared of4065

See more discussions