Is wowcamera.com trustworthy?

Found 23rd Jul
Looking to buy a Canon camera, and the price is good. Also claims to be a UK supplier with UK warranty. However, the camera is £130 cheaper than high street shops (25%).

Anyone had experience with this company?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
write to them and ask if its grey or official European goods with MANUFACTURERS warranty or own warranty.

No reply = grey
Waffle = grey
No contact email = grey

camerapricebuster.co.uk lists most of the kosher shops

Own warranty is not necessarily a bad thing if you are getting a monster deal. Its a major brand when all said and done and I don't believe they trot out 'seconds'. Check its a UK business then simply pay with a credit card (and not via a credit card using paypal or similar intermediary) and get your S75 protection moneysavingexpert.com/sho…es/

But it must be a business that takes credit cards and you must pay direct and not through one of the rip off intermediaries who strip you of this protection
Edited by: "ccnp" 23rd Jul
Hong Kong based, usually provide merchant warranty, not manufacturer. Subject to HK law, so if things go south you would need to be comfortable to navigate HK legal system.
You will probably notice that any indication of the physical location and trading status of the company is near impossible to locate on the website, unlike every UK-based company website that is subject to Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015.
Believe no direct payment is available by credit card, so any S75 benefit would not apply. PayPal may support you, but PayPal can be equally difficult to work with if PayPal disagrees with you.
Would have every confidence that the item ordered would arrive and be same or acceptably close to what is described. Warranty servicing may be an issue, where any warranty may not necessarily be serviced in UK, regardless of what credible or otherwise arrangements were in place at the time of purchase.
It's a Canon G7x MK2. £399 here, £530 or so elsewhere. Which makes it cheaper than eBay.

Thanks for the comments though...I can now see why it's offered cheaper 👌
I've placed two orders with these guys over the last 6 months, the first was a DSLR + Lens, the other was for a Samsung S9 phone. The camera (Canon 7d mark II) actually broke down after 3 months and I contacted wowcamera with my fingers crossed and some anxiety! They referred me to Colchester cameras who appear to do alot of repairs on behalf of Canon. As the camera was confirmed as an import, there was a charge for the repair and wowcamera paid the bill. A new motherboard was needed so the repair wasn't cheap but I personally didn't spend a penny and it was all dealt with in the UK. Considering the price was much lower than a local supplier I was very happy with the solution. I haven't had any reason to use warranty for the Samsung phone, however that was an EU version which apparently I can just take to my local Samsung repairer. Hopefully I never have to find out but I won't have any anxiety if that time comes.

Delivery itself wasn't that quick, took around 5-6 days overall, but I wasn't in a big rush and more interested in the savings. One tracking number showed delivery from UK and one from Netherlands. So they are an international company with some sort of local operations. If you need next day delivery, I'd shop elsewhere, otherwise these guys have been a decent option for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants