Expired

Is www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk a trustworthy site?

20 replies
Found 1st Dec 2009
Never used them before, just wanted to check they were genuine.

sunglasses-shop.co.uk/

20 Comments

Original Poster

I ask as am looking to buy this watch for my mum's 50th and it's the cheapest I can find it:

sunglasses-shop.co.uk/wat…htm

Original Poster

Anyone?

I Googled them, they have terrible reviews on their Ciao online store. Everyone says that if they don't have your order in stock they will take your money anyway, and then it's very hard to get in touch with them for a refund

I don't know them really. I am a sunglass addict and I usually buy my glasses designerseven.com/

I had a terrible experience with their customer service. I ordered up some sunglasses. I wanted to change for a larger model, I returned them instantly. I was told because the nose loop had been removed they would not exchange. Im very disappointed and not stuck with £ 150 sunglasses that are the wrong size. Very unhappy indeed.

I was attracted with the price of their online advertisement on sunglasses. I made two separate orders. The 1st was two sunglasses and the 2nd were three sunglasses. It incurred me 45.14 euros the first order and 56.27 the later. What shockened me is the had deucted the third payment amounting to 60.45 euros without third transaction. How strange and so hard to make inquiry since every payment the took is of another name of intity. To this date I find it hard to be refunded knowing also that this "strange company" is in Asia. My orders came from Hongkong but the payment transaction is done in China "SMARTRO*OEMION.CO; FEIHEI ONLINE-L S; DDKDKD ONLINE-P 29/04/14 amounting to 60.45 euros which I considered a "Mysterious Transaction". Be aware of this mysterious company with a very strange/UNJUST deduction. God knows how and when I possibly be refunded. Vic Nadonsa, Madrid, Spain.

Original Poster

4 years plus and I'm still getting alerts lol.

Did you use them op?

Original Poster

sancho1983

Did you use them op?

Yeah think that's where I ended up getting the watch from.

Hi, I am about to buy sunglasses from this shop too.
The reviews and feedbacks are really good, most of them said this shop is trustworthy, and the shop got certified from Ray-Ban website, but I still can't decide to buy it… Don't know why.
Maybe because I just want to chat with the shop staffs first, but they are not in operation at the moment, so I have to wait for them to come back. Really don't know what to do at the moment

helloitslee

Hi, I am about to buy sunglasses from this shop too.The reviews and … Hi, I am about to buy sunglasses from this shop too.The reviews and feedbacks are really good, most of them said this shop is trustworthy, and the shop got certified from Ray-Ban website, but I still can't decide to buy it… Don't know why.Maybe because I just want to chat with the shop staffs first, but they are not in operation at the moment, so I have to wait for them to come back. Really don't know what to do at the moment

decisions, decisions eh Lee?

In response to my own recent experience I can confirm that suglasse sold here are NOT LEGIT / AUTHENTIC - they are 100% Fake.

Here is my review I have just posted on various sites to prevent people from making the same mistake I just made:

To those looking for a legitimate/authentic, real sunglasses, don't buy from here.
Although the customer service, communication, delivery, website and online reviews all combined to make this look like a legitimate store, don't be fooled like I was.
I bought 3 pairs of RayBans from this shop after being fooled by all of the above. When they arrived, I compared them to an existing pair of Raybans I had (bought from an aiport) and soon realised that they weren't real. These were some of the differences I observed:
- The hinge was not as good quality as the legit Raybans - it even showed signs of green rust/oxidisation.
- They were wonky. They felt wonky on my face so to make sure it wasn't my face, I lay all 3 pairs on the table and all of them were wonky. Alas, the real Ray bans were perfectly symmetrical.
- The lenses didn't absorb light in the same manner as the real ones. There was a very stark difference between the real Raybans and the fake ones I received from the above. I'm positive that they don't even have genuine UV rating.
There were more signs but need I go on?
If you're happy to have fakes, don’t get me wrong, they are good replicas, but I would never pay the prices they charge. I'd rather get the real deal for the sake of a £10-£20 saving.
This is an honest review from a disgruntled customer so if you don't believe me, see for yourself! You have been warned!

Hello MGStar,

I've read your comments and would like to assure you that anything purchased on our site is legitimate. We offer free returns, free delivery and you get 365 days to return them. It's basically risk free. We have nothing to hide and have a High Street store in Essex, with real staff and of course real sunglasses. I assume that as you were not happy you returned the items using our free returns service and were refunded in full? I'm not sure it's possible to build an entire business selling replicas and remain in business for 15 years, as we have been. We are also a Ray-Ban certified dealer, which is available to a handful of online stockists only. I'm sorry that you didn't feel our sunglasses were suitable this time, but our returns are minimal and we offer a very good returns and refund policy to make sure that all our customers are happy, even if they do not go on to keep their purchase. We do also appreciate every visit to the site. Thank you.

Horrible experience! Are 2 months since I ordered a pair of sunglasses and they never arrived.After One month i made a complain amd they ask me to write a paper in which I accept that they have to send it again because the first pair is lost.I am doing all this ,another month is today and when I ask them what happend they told me that my adress was wrong,and they returned,but as soon as they have them back,they will ship it again.MY adress was corect ,i checked again after they told me.I must say that I paid for my sunglasses on the day I made the purcahse.BIG MISTAKE

Guys all I have to say is that you can have a good or bad experience buying from here I'm not going to argue about that, but about the sunglasses I can tell you that they are 100% authentics and the shop is an authorized by Ray-ban, I did check it my self before buy my pair of sunglasses from them
And I'm very happy with the purchase, if you had a bad experience or you weren't happy with the glasses that is other story but it is what it is (The glasses are Authentics and the shop authorized) now is up to you.

E76

Guys all I have to say is that you can have a good or bad experience … Guys all I have to say is that you can have a good or bad experience buying from here I'm not going to argue about that, but about the sunglasses I can tell you that they are 100% authentics and the shop is an authorized by Ray-ban, I did check it my self before buy my pair of sunglasses from them And I'm very happy with the purchase, if you had a bad experience or you weren't happy with the glasses that is other story but it is what it is (The glasses are Authentics and the shop authorized) now is up to you.

Thank you Mr Employee.8)

Whoever is saying they are fake need to do proper research and not objective nonsense like discriminating on perceived quality.

ray-ban.com/_re…3d3

Bought a gift voucher online and patiently waited a week for a voucher by post or email. Nothing came so I emailed customer services and was told the voucher came in the form of an email and that they would contact the department responsible for issuing the vouchers to get this resolved. I waited another 2 days (should not take long to issue an email gift voucher) and still did not hear anything or receive my voucher. I emailed again with an ultimatum, I receive my voucher by the end of the day, if not I'll request a refund. Still no voucher so I emailed for the last time requesting a refund and it came in a few days later.

I can't fault the customer services who responded to my emails promptly , however I would never ever think of using this website again. I was especially disappointed because this was a gift for my mums 50th.

Verdict - Steer clear!

Brilliant service, can't believe the bad reviews, ordered them Sunday night and received them on Tuesday morning. Quality product ( Ray Ban cats 5000) and had them £20 cheaper than everyone else. Will use these every time.

Used them last year for a pair of raybans and they are fine in my experience.

Arrived within a couple of days - one of the legs had a defect on the plastic (small mark), emailed them straight away for a replacement and they sorted them out straight away - they even refunded my postage costs to return the faulty item.

Genuine and good experience in my opinion.

They even publicise a 5% off voucher code too: sunglasses-shop.co.uk/vou…spx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983228
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427114623
    4. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115

See more discussions