Is Xiaomi 20000mah power bank allowed on aircraft?

Found 3rd Dec 2017
hi

I am travelling to middle East and far east next week and got a Xiaomi MI 20000mah power bank that I am planning to take with me
I recently read something in the news about restrictions on batteries so not sure if I can take this power bank with me.
am I allowed to take it with me?
if so what's better to keep it in, check in luggage or hand baggage?
help from anyone in the know or recently travelled with a power bank is hugely appreciated.

thanks
Bal.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
You won’t be allowed to put it in hold luggage and depending on where you are flying back from, might not be able to bring in back in hand luggage (ie restrictions on flights into UK from Egypt and some other middle eastern countries).
Thank you both for quick replies.
UK restrictions are here:
caa.co.uk/Pas…ge/

Depending on whether your power bank's ampere-hour rating is the contents of the cells that make it up or the USB output rating it's between 74Wh and 100Wh (I believe most are the former confusingly). So it's subject to the third category
32637402-CCMjv.jpg
bluep21 m ago

https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/electronic-devices-and-electrical-items

According to this the depth allowed is only 1.5cm whereas this power bank has 2.4cm depth...
Am I ok to keep it in hand luggage?
Really confused...I am going to Dubai and seems no restrictions to there.
If they allow you to take them, then make sure they are discharged to almost empty.
lumsdot5 m ago

If they allow you to take them, then make sure they are discharged to …If they allow you to take them, then make sure they are discharged to almost empty.

you should actually make sure it has some charge as if you are requested to show the item working, and it doesnt, it wont be allowed on board.

i think the OP will be fine, it'll probably just be screened separately from baggage alongside any other electronic items
You didn't mention Dubai in your opening post, just Mid East, which is a HUGE region.

Restrictions don't apply to them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants