Groups
    EXPIRED

Is your PS4 Loud?

Banned
    In two minds about sending mine back. Fans are pretty loud from when you start playing games. PS4 is well ventilated in a black glass cabinet with about a doorstops space behind it.

With 3 and a half months left on the warranty, should I send it back, or am I worrying over nothing?

7 Comments

Mine is the same mine sits in a cabinet with about a foot of breathing space behind it but after 10 mins of playing the additional fans kick in . for long period of playing I have to take the console out of the cabinet and then I have no issues .

this is why I know their isn't a problem and it is just ventilation issue so moving forward if you may need to move it

Original Poster Banned

ViperKeith

Mine is the same mine sits in a cabinet with about a foot of breathing … Mine is the same mine sits in a cabinet with about a foot of breathing space behind it but after 10 mins of playing the additional fans kick in . for long period of playing I have to take the console out of the cabinet and then I have no issues .this is why I know their isn't a problem and it is just ventilation issue so moving forward if you may need to move it

Where do you move it to for a long period of time?

When you do move it, is it silent?

jaydog69

Where do you move it to for a long period of time?When you do move it, is … Where do you move it to for a long period of time?When you do move it, is it silent?

I pull it out of the cabinet and sit it on a small table as I have quite long hdmi cable I just slide it out and when its out its dead silent I don't hear it

if im playing for just an hour

Original Poster Banned

ViperKeith

I pull it out of the cabinet and sit it on a small table as I have quite … I pull it out of the cabinet and sit it on a small table as I have quite long hdmi cable I just slide it out and when its out its dead silent I don't hear it if im playing for just an hour

Hmmm, I'll try it now and have it in the middle of the room, but I still think it'll be loud. I'll post back.

Banned

But dont forget the current ambient temperature is quite higher than usual cuz of weather.

Original Poster Banned

ifrazalam

But dont forget the current ambient temperature is quite higher than … But dont forget the current ambient temperature is quite higher than usual cuz of weather.

I took it out of the cabinet and even pointed a fan against the front of the PS4. Same noise levels.

I think its because of the weather. Mine used to be very quiet but has become quite noisy lately.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047152
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62483
      4. Spotify Family Premium share722

See more discussions