is zelda a kids game?

Found 18th Aug 2011
got an 8 year old i want to buy 'legend of zelda: phantom hourglass'

what are these games like, he likes animal crossing and mario/sonic games. is this heavy on riddles/puzzles as he wont be able to do them

tia
Community Updates
14 Comments
Yeah its a kids game, but also an adults game, 12 years ago I was playing Zelda OoT and this weekend I'm buying a 3DS to play the exact same game.
For all ages, good to get the kid's thinking rather than playing with cute pets.
Original Poster
but will he manage the 'puzzles' wiki says there is lots of adventure/action gameplay....but dont want him stumped every few seconds
Banned
Zelda was good, but I preferred yung star.
I guess it depends on how smart your 8 year old is, does he/she like solving things? BTW have you got one of those flashcard wotsits?
magicbeans

but will he manage the 'puzzles' wiki says there is lots of … but will he manage the 'puzzles' wiki says there is lots of adventure/action gameplay....but dont want him stumped every few seconds

My youngest started with Zelda games from 4 or 5 years old.

If there is anywhere that progress cannot be made we can talk through possible solutions (promoting lateral thinking) or we ask "Mr Google" for help (promoting keyboard skills, reading, & understanding).

Personally I don't like the games, but my kids do.

BFN,

fp.
You must have been a clever little brat! I don't think I can figure out water temple now lol.
Abvance

You must have been a clever little brat! I don't think I can figure out … You must have been a clever little brat! I don't think I can figure out water temple now lol.

lol i had to buy a guide for that!
If they do get stuck you could ask them to explain the situation, then look up the answer on Gamewinners and prove yourself to be a 'cool' parent
Original Poster
thanks guys
Abvance

You must have been a clever little brat! I don't think I can figure out … You must have been a clever little brat! I don't think I can figure out water temple now lol.

Ahhh ocarina of time, undoubtedly the best game ever made.

Water temple is pretty damn easy, it's just that they fuubered up by being able to open one of two dungeon doors with one key, when infact it's supposed to linear and only open one door, allowing you to then receive a consequent key for the next.

Pot luck, either that, or you remember which way to go X)

Still an awesome game, looking forward to skyward sword, it's the only bloody reason I still have the wii around tbh.
Banned
fanpages

My youngest started with Zelda games from 4 or 5 years old.If there is … My youngest started with Zelda games from 4 or 5 years old.If there is anywhere that progress cannot be made we can talk through possible solutions (promoting lateral thinking) or we ask "Mr Google" for help (promoting keyboard skills, reading, & understanding).Personally I don't like the games, but my kids do.BFN,fp.

When you speak to him, do you end with Bye For Now or just the abbreviation?
guv

When you speak to him, do you end with Bye For Now or just the … When you speak to him, do you end with Bye For Now or just the abbreviation?

No we use binary.

Zelda can be played by both genders too, of course.
Parent of the year!!! If my 4 year old can't complete his computer game I introduce him to the Internet!! Next stop chatroom and a meeting with "mr nasty no clothes man".

I jest of course!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants