Groups

ISA Question

I have used 2009 - 2010 allowance which finished in april.

If i top this same ISA up now (thus subscribing to this years amount) can i transfer it to another one when i like, (subject to interest penalties/any conditions etc) or do i have to wait till next year (ie start of 2011-12 tax year) in order to transfer it?

Many Thanks in advance! Im confused!

3 Comments

You can transfer it at any time (usually for free) but be aware lots of new ISAs don't accept transfers so check first.

Original Poster

tis what i thought, my one at the moment has a good (varible) rate but i suspect this might go down after a couple of months. So i would want to move it somewhere else and not wait up to a year for a new rate.

ThePasty;8478763

tis what i thought, my one at the moment has a good (varible) rate but i … tis what i thought, my one at the moment has a good (varible) rate but i suspect this might go down after a couple of months. So i would want to move it somewhere else and not wait up to a year for a new rate.

That's easily done as long as you don't go over the magic £5100 pa

I'm with First Direct btw which is paying 3% until November so will prob look to change myself then too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions