Groups

ISA - Savings

I've just inherited £3500 and was wondering which ISA is the best at the moment (or any other savings method).

I currently bank with HSBC and when I went onto the savings page I was presented with a choice of 8 packages needless to say I was stumped.

Any help appreciated.

13 Comments

Go to vegas and enjoy it :thumbsup:

Banned

are you looking to lock it up for a few years, if so i have seen some that increase each year

Original Poster

sassie;7860495

are you looking to lock it up for a few years, if so i have seen some … are you looking to lock it up for a few years, if so i have seen some that increase each year

Sorry I forgot to mention that - I'm not looking at touching it for at least 12 months (maybe longer)

Original Poster

chesso;7860542

Check out moneysupermarket.com & fool.com

I read that as "Check out moneysupermarket.comyou fool"

But cheers - didnt think of that :thumbsup:

Banned

dcx_badass;7860577

ISA's are boring with rubbish interest atm (in most cases), I stuck all … ISA's are boring with rubbish interest atm (in most cases), I stuck all mine in premium bonds, much more fun.

i totally agree, but last time i mentioned that i nearly got my head ripped off, so thought ide leave it to others

Banned

NS&I are the best:-

Because National Savings and Investments is backed by HM Treasury, you can rest assured that all your capital is 100% secure, however much you invest.

red_dwarfer;7860556

I read that as "Check out moneysupermarket.com you fool"But cheers - … I read that as "Check out moneysupermarket.com you fool"But cheers - didnt think of that :thumbsup:

:giggle:
    You said it!! :-D

You're welcome - a bit easier than half a million various personal opinions IMHO. ;-)

Banned

3 grand? You don't need a bank - you need a money clip.

[QUOTE=FilthAndFurry;7860651]3 grand? You don't need a bank - you need a money clip.[/QUOTE

what if its in fivers.:thumbsup:

premium bonds are a big waste of time.
    the money "won" is usually 90% worse than that if it was in a 3.5% interest (going rate these days) savings account.

dcx_badass;7860577

ISA's are boring with rubbish interest atm (in most cases), I stuck all … ISA's are boring with rubbish interest atm (in most cases), I stuck all mine in premium bonds, much more fun.

Fun? :?

Check out MSE for best savings rates as well. If you really want ISA, you will probably find rates improve just before end of financial year as banks / bldg societies get more competitive then - and current 3.5% inflation should have had an impact on savings by then!:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111324
      2. Samsung s8 trade in22
      3. Tumble Dryer request45
      4. Anyone got experience with an instant water heater for a shower?33

See more discussions