Groups

Isit worth getting a NUS card?

Recently became a student, I have a Unidays account but isit worth paying for a NUS card aswell?

11 Comments

I'm not sure to be honest. When I had a unidays account - I didn't see a need for NUS. Now I've got a NUS, because I don't have access to my ac.uk email anymore - Teesside stopped access.

I have one but not used it for 8 months

Yes. I use mine all the time, even though I also have UniDays.

There are many shops that accept NUS without being listed on the NUS website, whereas these shops do not accept UniDays.

Also the 10% off at the co-op is pretty awesome too

I would say it's worth it,I use mine regularly

Student Amazon prime
    Spotify
    Superdrug
    Fat face
    Co op

Used it for Apple student discount for macbook for my teen.

Definitely worth buying it

Original Poster

Eden0032

Yes. I use mine all the time, even though I also have UniDays. There are … Yes. I use mine all the time, even though I also have UniDays. There are many shops that accept NUS without being listed on the NUS website, whereas these shops do not accept UniDays. Also the 10% off at the co-op is pretty awesome too

Oooo I do go to coop a lot

It's worth it for prime and Spotify alone

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER

It's worth it for prime and Spotify alone

You can get Spotify without it tbf I got the 50% using unidays

I think it's still worth having as can use it in co-op for 10% off and you get a £3 off £15 shop voucher alongside the card - then 10% off everything else in future. Even if you only pop in and spend a quid on energy juice it would be 90p so after a few shops you'd get your money back and have the rest of the year to use it! I've started buying my frozen raspberries from coop as end up £1.80 where as everywhere else £2-2.20 and I buy LOADS so adds up!! NOWTV also have offers on where you can get 2 or three months movies for £1 per month which will save you a few quid. Think everything else is better with unidays so things like Prime you could get discounted with your other ID.

Also just noticed the flyer that came with the card has a £1 off any Birdseye product voucher so that's nearly a third of your money back if you were to use the vouchers!

Original Poster

NickyOhMG

I think it's still worth having as can use it in co-op for 10% off and … I think it's still worth having as can use it in co-op for 10% off and you get a £3 off £15 shop voucher alongside the card - then 10% off everything else in future. Even if you only pop in and spend a quid on energy juice it would be 90p so after a few shops you'd get your money back and have the rest of the year to use it! I've started buying my frozen raspberries from coop as end up £1.80 where as everywhere else £2-2.20 and I buy LOADS so adds up!! NOWTV also have offers on where you can get 2 or three months movies for £1 per month which will save you a few quid. Think everything else is better with unidays so things like Prime you could get discounted with your other ID.

I'm ALWAYS in coop so I think it would benefit me. One of those places where you go for bread and spend £20

levi_elise

I'm ALWAYS in coop so I think it would benefit me. One of those places … I'm ALWAYS in coop so I think it would benefit me. One of those places where you go for bread and spend £20

Sounds like you'll get your monies worth anyway!! Just note that I don't think you get the vouchers I mentioned if you get the card via your university or delivered to it. Only seems to be when you pay £1.50 for home delivery as when I used it the guy was huffing saying he never got a voucher cos he picked it up at uni so possibly just a thing for the home delivery as universities and colleges must just get all the cards in the one package to hand out personally.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Delayed flight compensation1023
      2. What to do?????711
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)35
      4. Box Nation45

See more discussions