iSize car seat help

Found 31st Dec 2017
Hi,

I've been looking for a car seat for our baby that's due next May. However I'm torn between the following:

mamasandpapas.com/en-…00/

johnlewis.com/max…212

John Lewis bundle being £150 more. The difference is that the the JL one is iSize so it meets the latest standards. Can anyone shed any light and give me some guidance please? Is it really necessary future proofing incase it does become compulsory?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
We bought one of these Link. The car has isofix but it’s really easy just doing it with the seatbelt, plus you don’t lose the seat while the plastic base. £500 on a car seat is excessive, we had twins so it would be double which factored in but I don’t regret not going isofix and all that

the standards change all the time but they make it for all new seats must meet the new standard you wouldn’t be forced to upgrade.

is it your first child
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 31st Dec 2017
Dannyrobbo1 h, 21 m ago

We bought one of these Link. The car has isofix but it’s really easy just …We bought one of these Link. The car has isofix but it’s really easy just doing it with the seatbelt, plus you don’t lose the seat while the plastic base. £500 on a car seat is excessive, we had twins so it would be double which factored in but I don’t regret not going isofix and all thatthe standards change all the time but they make it for all new seats must meet the new standard you wouldn’t be forced to upgrade.is it your first child

Thanks for the response - that seat looks very reasonable. Yes it is our first!

We'll get Isofix regardless just due to the simplicity.
We got isofix, really took it for granted until we went on holiday for 3 weeks and had to just use the seatbelt. It was three weeks of constant faffing whenever we left or went back to the Car. Isofix all the way. Our car seat came with our pram which meant in the early days we could just move the car seat to the pram if baby was sleeping. We did this till she was about 7-8 months. Now we’re on a bigger car seat and it’s annoying when she falls asleep and I have to move her as she inevitably wakes.
So I’d also say as well isofix, get a car seat that fits into a pram. We got the cosatto giggle and we’re still using the toddler set at 9 months and I imagine we will be for the next year or so. I’ll post a link.
giggle 2 cosatto

You get loads of different prints to suit your style. We got comments everywhere we went about our gorgeous pram. We paid around £400 and it’ll last us I’d hope till she’s two, and it was great in the early days.

kiddies-kingdom.com/tra…BwE
Edited by: "gimmeabargain" 31st Dec 2017
gimmeabargain3 m ago

We got isofix, really took it for granted until we went on holiday for 3 …We got isofix, really took it for granted until we went on holiday for 3 weeks and had to just use the seatbelt. It was three weeks of constant faffing whenever we left or went back to the Car. Isofix all the way. Our car seat came with our pram which meant in the early days we could just move the car seat to the pram if baby was sleeping. We did this till she was about 7-8 months. Now we’re on a bigger car seat and it’s annoying when she falls asleep and I have to move her as she inevitably wakes. So I’d also say as well isofix, get a car seat that fits into a pram. We got the cosatto giggle and we’re still using the toddler set at 9 months and I imagine we will be for the next year or so. I’ll post a link.

Isofix definitely seems easier! We've got the Silver Cross Pioneer pram so I know the Maxi-Cosi seats fit in but I'm not sure on any others?

The Silver Cross Simplicity car seat didn't have very good reviews so we gave it a miss.
Edited by: "bfish93" 31st Dec 2017
bfish934 m ago

Isofix definitely seems easier! We've got the Silver Cross Pioneer pram so …Isofix definitely seems easier! We've got the Silver Cross Pioneer pram so I know the Maxi-Cosi seats fit in but I'm not sure on any others?The Silver Cross Simplicity car seat didn't have very good reviews so we gave it a miss.

Def go for a car seat that’ll fit in your pram. Makes the early days much easier, and actually the later days too. Creeping into the house as quietly as you can so you can get 10 more mins peace
gimmeabargain4 m ago

Def go for a car seat that’ll fit in your pram. Makes the early days much e …Def go for a car seat that’ll fit in your pram. Makes the early days much easier, and actually the later days too. Creeping into the house as quietly as you can so you can get 10 more mins peace

I think for the first 12 months we'll just get the cheaper Maxi-Cosi and then see what's happening with iSize when they're a toddler!
bfish9332 m ago

Isofix definitely seems easier! We've got the Silver Cross Pioneer pram so …Isofix definitely seems easier! We've got the Silver Cross Pioneer pram so I know the Maxi-Cosi seats fit in but I'm not sure on any others?The Silver Cross Simplicity car seat didn't have very good reviews so we gave it a miss.

That seat has been through it for 6 months and it’s been really good. It’s very light compared to others especially when they start getting big. Isofix is really good until you need to use the seat. Again I had twins so two seats is a lot to take up with the faf of removing them when the kids were not with us.

congratulations though, it’s easy to go mad on your first I know we did and most of it goes unused.

we swore by a few things;

the tommee tippee prep machine, don’t believe the daft mould stories those people used the machine incorrectly. It saves the waiting for bottles to cool and using bottle warmers etc. It can be had for £50-60.

A baby bean bag with strap, some nights when they wouldn’t sleep they’d sleep in that I think because it hugged them all round they felt safe like they were back in the womb, no amount of posh bouncer sleeper etc came close (it was a battle to get them to sleep in the cot then but it saved our first few months of sleep).

Dr brown bottles and infacol, the boys got colic and these helped for sure.

and a final thing, ignore the nasty things you say to each other in the night. Forget about them and start fresh in the morning it really is difficult you’ve honestly never been tired in your life before you’ve had kids
Dannyrobbo32 m ago

That seat has been through it for 6 months and it’s been really good. I …That seat has been through it for 6 months and it’s been really good. It’s very light compared to others especially when they start getting big. Isofix is really good until you need to use the seat. Again I had twins so two seats is a lot to take up with the faf of removing them when the kids were not with us.congratulations though, it’s easy to go mad on your first I know we did and most of it goes unused.we swore by a few things;the tommee tippee prep machine, don’t believe the daft mould stories those people used the machine incorrectly. It saves the waiting for bottles to cool and using bottle warmers etc. It can be had for £50-60.A baby bean bag with strap, some nights when they wouldn’t sleep they’d sleep in that I think because it hugged them all round they felt safe like they were back in the womb, no amount of posh bouncer sleeper etc came close (it was a battle to get them to sleep in the cot then but it saved our first few months of sleep).Dr brown bottles and infacol, the boys got colic and these helped for sure. and a final thing, ignore the nasty things you say to each other in the night. Forget about them and start fresh in the morning it really is difficult you’ve honestly never been tired in your life before you’ve had kids

Tommee tippee prep machine was a godsend. Again when we went on holiday we had to go old school and make them up as we went and wait for them to cool. It was brutal. Perfect prep all the way. And a sangenic bin, saves you taking nappies out multiple times a day, but don’t cheap out on the liners.
gimmeabargain4 m ago

Tommee tippee prep machine was a godsend. Again when we went on holiday we …Tommee tippee prep machine was a godsend. Again when we went on holiday we had to go old school and make them up as we went and wait for them to cool. It was brutal. Perfect prep all the way. And a sangenic bin, saves you taking nappies out multiple times a day, but don’t cheap out on the liners.

We done the same it was a nightmare, middle of the night all hell breaking loose running a hot bottle under the tap. Don’t believe the bad press about them in the newspapers, change the filter when it asks with a branded one and run through the cleaning cycle in the manual when you do.

never had one of those bins though I’m intrigued (we still find Random nappy bags that have evaded us)
Dannyrobbo1 h, 18 m ago

We done the same it was a nightmare, middle of the night all hell breaking …We done the same it was a nightmare, middle of the night all hell breaking loose running a hot bottle under the tap. Don’t believe the bad press about them in the newspapers, change the filter when it asks with a branded one and run through the cleaning cycle in the manual when you do.never had one of those bins though I’m intrigued (we still find Random nappy bags that have evaded us)

If you use the proper liners for the bins they keep the smells in, even the most horrendous of nappies, and prob only need emptied twice a week. Just makes things another 5% easier, everything you can make easier makes life that bit more bearable. First Baby was quite the learning curve for us!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions