Groups

Isle of man ferry

Hello I am trying to get to the isle of man the cheapest way possible. I got a small van with a trailer to get across and back around 7m long around 2.8m high. I was surprised with the quote I got £1800 - 1900 for a return journey from Liverpool to Douglas. Is it always this expensive and is there another way to get there. I am not to fussed on the day I go but it would need to be some time next week. Thanks for any replies.

3 Comments

Hello,

I don't think there is another way onto the IOM with a van and a trailer - it's probably the fact you're looking to go next week which is hiking the price.

aferryfreight.co.uk/isl…htm

From that website, it looks like you'll be travelling as freight - which in all likeliness means you're getting charged commercial prices!

Hope it doesn't turn out that expensive in the end

maccarelly

Hello,I don't think there is another way onto the IOM with a van and a … Hello,I don't think there is another way onto the IOM with a van and a trailer - it's probably the fact you're looking to go next week which is hiking the price.http://www.aferryfreight.co.uk/isleofmansteampacketfreight.htmFrom that website, it looks like you'll be travelling as freight - which in all likeliness means you're getting charged commercial prices!Hope it doesn't turn out that expensive in the end

​hi don't know if they still do but I went to I o m from heysham maybe cheaper ?

the other port is cheaper, can't remember what's it called. i looked at the ferry cost to IOM and it is very expensive for a short crossing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions