ISO my first cordless Lawn Mower

Posted 31st Aug 2020
New to Cordless Mowing, has anyone got experience and able to suggest a decent cordless battery charged Mower... Not got a huge lawn so dont want to be shelling out hundreds... But something that edges too would be fantastic.

As I said, new to this and seen a few on line but would prefer to buy on a recommendation if possible.

Ta!
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
we have a cheap strimmer from a Lidl, had it years, recently had the first problem, and had to have a part sent from Germany
I use the aerotek- comes with a 40v battery, charges quick and lasts for my 90 metre garden.
If the grass is too long it struggles as will all cordless as 40v in comparison to a 220v plug in is ofcourse not as powerful
nrackham7631/08/2020 18:39

I use the aerotek- comes with a 40v battery, charges quick and lasts for …I use the aerotek- comes with a 40v battery, charges quick and lasts for my 90 metre garden.If the grass is too long it struggles as will all cordless as 40v in comparison to a 220v plug in is ofcourse not as powerful

So I'm looking at losing power if I go cordless, right??
Just bought a Murray mower and strimmer great on a small lawn get 4 cuts out one charge
Scotland131431/08/2020 19:41

Just bought a Murray mower and strimmer great on a small lawn get 4 cuts …Just bought a Murray mower and strimmer great on a small lawn get 4 cuts out one charge

Our lawn is about 50ft long by 20ft wide... And some patchy areas where the grass grows quicker and longer, I presume I would get 2-3 uses on a full charge and maybe have to go over the longer/thicker patches more regular for the mower to be capable of going over these areas?
whiteranger8731/08/2020 19:54

Our lawn is about 50ft long by 20ft wide... And some patchy areas where …Our lawn is about 50ft long by 20ft wide... And some patchy areas where the grass grows quicker and longer, I presume I would get 2-3 uses on a full charge and maybe have to go over the longer/thicker patches more regular for the mower to be capable of going over these areas?

Should be fine. If you lift the height then lower on next cut. I wish I had got one earlier best purchase I’ve had in a while
Scotland131431/08/2020 20:44

Should be fine. If you lift the height then lower on next cut. I wish I …Should be fine. If you lift the height then lower on next cut. I wish I had got one earlier best purchase I’ve had in a while

That's what I needed to hear, Ta very much!
Nae bother
Scotland131431/08/2020 21:11

Nae bother

Just looking at them now... Cost a pretty penny! But, if they're worth it...
I joined the cordless brigade a few months back. I got the one from Aldi with two batteries for £130. Can’t recommend it enough, I have a large garden and it does the job very well. As the other guy has said it is down a bit on power therefore getting the extra battery is a no brainer.
CrimsonSilver31/08/2020 22:04

I joined the cordless brigade a few months back. I got the one from Aldi …I joined the cordless brigade a few months back. I got the one from Aldi with two batteries for £130. Can’t recommend it enough, I have a large garden and it does the job very well. As the other guy has said it is down a bit on power therefore getting the extra battery is a no brainer.

Ahhhh see, I'd take an Aldi special. Problem is, I my current mower has broken down at thw wrong time... Not many places will be doing deals on these bad boys at this end of summer :-(
What does ISO mean?
whiteranger8731/08/2020 22:44

Ahhhh see, I'd take an Aldi special. Problem is, I my current mower has …Ahhhh see, I'd take an Aldi special. Problem is, I my current mower has broken down at thw wrong time... Not many places will be doing deals on these bad boys at this end of summer :-(

Isn't it more likely you will get a lawn mower bargain at this time of year?
JimboParrot01/09/2020 07:43

Isn't it more likely you will get a lawn mower bargain at this time of …Isn't it more likely you will get a lawn mower bargain at this time of year?

I'd like to think so, but not having much luck finding these bargains
whiteranger8731/08/2020 19:34

So I'm looking at losing power if I go cordless, right??

That’s correct - your essentially going from 220v to 40v. Providing you cut your grass each week it will do. When I go away and come back to a taller grass I have to use the wired mower
nrackham7601/09/2020 18:56

That’s correct - your essentially going from 220v to 40v. Providing you c …That’s correct - your essentially going from 220v to 40v. Providing you cut your grass each week it will do. When I go away and come back to a taller grass I have to use the wired mower

Hmmmm This is what almost puts me off getting a cordless. Maybe a petrol mower the way to go to keep the performance up...??
whiteranger8701/09/2020 19:33

Hmmmm This is what almost puts me off getting a cordless. Maybe a petrol …Hmmmm This is what almost puts me off getting a cordless. Maybe a petrol mower the way to go to keep the performance up...??

Yes sure, cordless is for low Maintanence grass with a small cut each week.
Plug in to the mains at 220v is standard and then you have petrol which is more industrial.
Anything without a cable is my opinion
Post a comment
@
    Text