Found 6th Feb 2009
im with AOL. and when downloading via Utorrent. the download simply womt start until exactly 9pm at night... everynight! this is really weird. i know some company cap users during the day but it wont even start to download until 9pm. anyone have this trouble or an explanation?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

port throtttling
has to be

Original Poster Banned

wolf359;4308196

port throtttlinghas to be

that means nothing to me lol

its when an ISP throttles (or blocks) traffic on set ports that are commonly used by P2P or usenet clients.
you can try changing the ports to another group and it may well fix it

Original Poster Banned

wolf359;4308220

its when an ISP throttles (or blocks) traffic on set ports that are … its when an ISP throttles (or blocks) traffic on set ports that are commonly used by P2P or usenet clients.you can try changing the ports to another group and it may well fix it

ok thanks

your problem is honestly AOL

lol i'd agree with that AOHell are the world's worst

Original Poster Banned

yeh my net sometimes cuts out in the night for like 4 hours

DangerGod;4308349

yeh my net sometimes cuts out in the night for like 4 hours

O2 my friend you won't regret. :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

esq3585;4308440

O2 my friend you won't regret. :thumbsup:

nah kinda stuck with AOL for the time. got the laptop free with the CPW deal a while back.

Force protocol encryption on, and set uTorrent to randomize the port it uses each time it starts up. Both options are available somewhere in uTorrent's settings section. It mightn't change things, but with a bit of luck it will.

dxx;4308701

Force protocol encryption on, and set uTorrent to randomize the port it … Force protocol encryption on, and set uTorrent to randomize the port it uses each time it starts up. Both options are available somewhere in uTorrent's settings section. It mightn't change things, but with a bit of luck it will.

+1,
also set it to not allow incoming legacy connections, saying that those options may slow your daytime and nitetime downloads tho so may be no real improvement. unless you remember to undo them at 9pm
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git35
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927404
    3. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1718
    4. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers11

See more discussions