Issue with Revolut card and netflix

Posted 2nd Jul 2019
Hey, so iv just signed up for Revolut yesterday to take advantage of the Netflix workaround using VPN. Iv added £10 to the Revolut card and then converted 41.99TL.

When iv gone to make a payment i keep getting an error message (not made a note of the error but was something along the lines of there has been an issue - not a card declined error). i tried several times but couldnt get it to work, i tried a debit card and again kept getting the same error. i ended up having to clear cookies and tried with debit card and payment went through fine.

Today i have logged onto netflix from a different PC with no VPN to try and update the payment details to the Revolut card for next month but still keep getting the same error message.

Where am i going wrong?

Error message is "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

40 Comments
Ask the question in that actual thread people will see it who have had the problem.
eslick02/07/2019 18:13

Ask the question in that actual thread people will see it who have had the …Ask the question in that actual thread people will see it who have had the problem.

Lol that thread has gone crazy and the comment will get lost within the TV licence messages. Iv already asked.
Have you set your Revolut card for use online?
Hang on a sec you don't need to convert your money all you need to do is use Turkish vpn and it will work.
Use a N26 card.
So much better.
bally1234502/07/2019 19:40

Hang on a sec you don't need to convert your money all you need to do is …Hang on a sec you don't need to convert your money all you need to do is use Turkish vpn and it will work.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong? Iv converted? But then again, I was also trying to use the card for a trial and same error message so maybe not the issue??
aninginaneana02/07/2019 18:38

Have you set your Revolut card for use online?

Wel I was using the virtual card which I can't find any settings for online use. Iv since ordered a physical card and there is option for online use but still not working. Might need to wait for the card to come through?
cocoiffy02/07/2019 22:35

Will look into that. Thanks.

Just put the money on the card, like you do. Then get your VPN'ed Netflix or Youtube, or whatever service you are using, and make the payment as standard without converting anything.

The payment will be taken from your account in £'s, converted at the appropriate exchange rate.

All set. No issues
KingNav36002/07/2019 22:39

Just put the money on the card, like you do. Then get your VPN'ed Netflix …Just put the money on the card, like you do. Then get your VPN'ed Netflix or Youtube, or whatever service you are using, and make the payment as standard without converting anything. The payment will be taken from your account in £'s, converted at the appropriate exchange rate. All set. No issues

Thanks for that
Search the Netflix thread all the details are there but the trick is you need to connect to vpn server with Turkish IP address otherwise it will not work.
bally1234502/07/2019 22:45

Search the Netflix thread all the details are there but the trick is you …Search the Netflix thread all the details are there but the trick is you need to connect to vpn server with Turkish IP address otherwise it will not work.

Believe me, iv read EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE on that thread lol.. just the revolut card causing a prob. My normal debit card worked but no was charged the fee which I want to avoid for future months.
You add funds to your Revolut card with a debit card i.e £50. Then on Netflix you choose that card (Revolut) as payment, It's that simple. Have you validated you Revolut card with your passport or driving license yet?
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd Jul 2019
RiverDragon803/07/2019 00:13

You add funds to your Revolut card with a debit card i.e £50. Then on …You add funds to your Revolut card with a debit card i.e £50. Then on Netflix you choose that card (Revolut) as payment, It's that simple. Have you validated you Revolut card with your passport or driving license yet?

I have. Presuming your using the free account? Do you have a physical card or just the virtual card?
I'm going to try contacting them in the morning to see if they can help.
Spoke to customer care, they said I can't use the virtual card for netflix and need to wait for physical card to come through the post. Hopefully should work
So I received my physical card, activated by making a transaction in store and have successfully amended the card details to the revolut card on Netflix without VPN and still showing that I'm going to be charged next month in TL..
I'm having the same issue. When signing up on the Turkish website via vpn and inputting my Revolut card details in, I'm getting the same error message.
I've just opened my Revolut account today. I've ordered a physical card and I have a virtual one aswell. I tried both of them, same error message. Any suggestions?
As mentioned, you need to order a physical card..
cocoiffy23/08/2019 20:18

As mentioned, you need to order a physical card..

Ordered a physical card. Made a purchase in store. Still receiving same error message on netflix
a15ha31/08/2019 16:10

Ordered a physical card. Made a purchase in store. Still receiving same …Ordered a physical card. Made a purchase in store. Still receiving same error message on netflix

Nvm. Got it working on my husbands account on Firefox where it didn't ask me to verify mobile number.
I had this issue. Tried everything. I had the account and it was taking payment from my CC.

Wanted to use Revolut - nadda everytime.

Just succeeded when I changed browser.. not even incognito worked.

New browser. Boom. Success
I have this issue. I can’t even use Revolut or Monzo on the uk site. I downloaded Firefox and Hola and still results in the same error message.
icecream01/09/2019 22:16

I have this issue. I can’t even use Revolut or Monzo on the uk site. I d …I have this issue. I can’t even use Revolut or Monzo on the uk site. I downloaded Firefox and Hola and still results in the same error message.

I spent an hour and 3 different browsers and 3 different accounts trying to get it to work. Finally worked on Firefox and my husbands account for me.
Worked once on chrome on my account but I got to the verify number page so went back to UK site to verify but got no text with a code. Tried again on the Turkish vpn and went back to the original problem with the payment. Was extremely frustrated. Was ready to give up but miraculously worked on my husbands.
a15ha01/09/2019 22:53

I spent an hour and 3 different browsers and 3 different accounts trying …I spent an hour and 3 different browsers and 3 different accounts trying to get it to work. Finally worked on Firefox and my husbands account for me. Worked once on chrome on my account but I got to the verify number page so went back to UK site to verify but got no text with a code. Tried again on the Turkish vpn and went back to the original problem with the payment. Was extremely frustrated. Was ready to give up but miraculously worked on my husbands.

This all after I had recieved and used my physical card.
deleted1612231
Hi, what is solution on this issue. Was using Halifax clarity but want to close that credit card as too many cards. Getting below error on Revolut physical card “There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.”
Edited by: "deleted1612231" 4th Sep 2019
deleted161223104/09/2019 06:01

Hi, what is solution on this issue. Was using Halifax clarity but want to …Hi, what is solution on this issue. Was using Halifax clarity but want to close that credit card as too many cards. Getting below error on Revolut physical card “There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.”

Try incognito tab in another browser such as Firefox or Microsoft Edge. If that fails just try the normal tab, not incognito.
I'm having issues.
Can't use the Revolut card no matter what I do. Tried creating a new account, tried with VPN, without VPN, you name it.
Got a physical card and online payments are switched on.
Tried Chrome and Firefox, cleared out histories and cookies, tried private windows. No matter what I do "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."
Exconnaught16/09/2019 11:16

I'm having issues.Can't use the Revolut card no matter what I do. Tried …I'm having issues.Can't use the Revolut card no matter what I do. Tried creating a new account, tried with VPN, without VPN, you name it.Got a physical card and online payments are switched on.Tried Chrome and Firefox, cleared out histories and cookies, tried private windows. No matter what I do "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Same here
Hi I'm having the same issue, been logged out of all accounts, I think Netflix ma have kicked all acounts out that used Revolut or other similar card and blocked them permanantly. Any suggestioons welcome, I've tried all the above, I was using my physical revolut card, my virtual never worked.
Might be onto us. Previously I was working with the Revolut virtual card Ok, but recently it asked to restart membership and now says there is a problem.
redblueice17/09/2019 21:19

Hi I'm having the same issue, been logged out of all accounts, I think …Hi I'm having the same issue, been logged out of all accounts, I think Netflix ma have kicked all acounts out that used Revolut or other similar card and blocked them permanantly. Any suggestioons welcome, I've tried all the above, I was using my physical revolut card, my virtual never worked.

I can confirm Mexican version works with hola vpn. £9.50 on the premium plan so not much saving from UK's 11.99 and that's on Halifax debit.
kiopcio9918/09/2019 23:10

I can confirm Mexican version works with hola vpn. £9.50 on the premium …I can confirm Mexican version works with hola vpn. £9.50 on the premium plan so not much saving from UK's 11.99 and that's on Halifax debit.

Thanks for letting us know mate, I'm subscribed for normal version for now, I'll try it next month. Ideally need premium as I share my login. Few quid a month adds up. I tried the India version, I noticed they got a mobile subscription for around £2 a month, I think it lower resolution and ideal for phone users. Good if anyone used it just for themselves and if someone can figure a way to get it to work. Netflix do this in India as there's lots of local subscription rivals there.
redblueice19/09/2019 04:06

Thanks for letting us know mate, I'm subscribed for normal version for …Thanks for letting us know mate, I'm subscribed for normal version for now, I'll try it next month. Ideally need premium as I share my login. Few quid a month adds up. I tried the India version, I noticed they got a mobile subscription for around £2 a month, I think it lower resolution and ideal for phone users. Good if anyone used it just for themselves and if someone can figure a way to get it to work. Netflix do this in India as there's lots of local subscription rivals there.

That's well unique having Netflix just for mobile. Fyi just seen that Halifax throw in transfer fees at 0.78 pence so that comes to 10.31 all in. If you're going to try Mexico do it with revolut or similar. Next month will try to get Philippines Netflix subscription.
Has anyone found the solution for Revolut to be added as payment method as it is not working for me, using speedify and nord vpn.

I have also recently signed up for Revolut to see if I can cut the cost, considering they raised is couple of months back for UK users. I cancelled my account and try to restart my membership but getting error "Sorry something went wrong, try again later" when using Revolut physical card. I was trying this few times and in rush I managed to continue with premium subscription with Turkish Lira payment of 41.99. obviously it will cost more in exchange rate and bank charges now and can't cancel it for a month. Just hope it's not too much.
I can't do it with Revolut either. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Get the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

I have the physical Revolut card and online transactions are approved.

Is there another card that won't charge me transaction fees or exchange rate fees?
jjphspot16/10/2019 13:26

I can't do it with Revolut either. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.Get the …I can't do it with Revolut either. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.Get the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."I have the physical Revolut card and online transactions are approved.Is there another card that won't charge me transaction fees or exchange rate fees?

My friend has a starling card and I used that to pay for hers.
Thanks, will sign up with Starling then.
I can't be bothered to sign up for another bank. I got credit card Halifax revolut, now starling. That will likely get patched too. I heard revolut has done a deal with MasterCard maybe that'll change comparability in a few months
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants