Issues with Yahoo mail

Found 15th Dec 2017
I’m having problems getting my mail from Yahoo to my iPhone using Apple’s own app. It’s very erratic in that it works sometimes and then stops working for a few hours and after sending a few test mails from my Gmail account starts to work again.

I have removed and added the account a few times, checked the settings which is set to fetch every 30 min. The SMTP server is set to Yahoos.

I have checked Yahoo support and gone through all the steps but it does not help.

Looks like Yahoo are trying to sell their own app which is full of adverts and not support third party apps.

I have even changed my settings in Yahoo to allow third party apps.

Anyone else getting this problem? It’s driving me crazy.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 8 it’s on O2. My iPhone 6 was fine but since I upgraded and changed network Ihave had loads of issues. I find closing the mail app down (double tap the home button then swipe the mail tab away) and then restarting the app helps.
Thanks will give this a go.
Same with me after upgrading to IPhone X - struggled to get consistent emails through...
Install the gmail application then add yahoo.
I have found that it sometimes starts working after you view your Junk folder. Can’t explain why tho.
AW00792 m ago

Install the gmail application then add yahoo.

Done this several times no luck.
sydney8712 m ago

Done this several times no luck.

I have no problems using it.
AW007913 m ago

I have no problems using it.

Sorry misunderstood your original message. Will try this now. Thanks.
sydney87134 s ago

Sorry misunderstood your original message. Will try this now. Thanks.

Ok.
Ahhh man I stopped using Yahoo a long time ago - they are really awful now.

But if you must use them then get a third party mail app - I use Aquamail, it's the best I've come across so far.
Bigfootpete47 m ago

Ahhh man I stopped using Yahoo a long time ago - they are really awful …Ahhh man I stopped using Yahoo a long time ago - they are really awful now.But if you must use them then get a third party mail app - I use Aquamail, it's the best I've come across so far.

I know but I have had them for years. It’s difficult to swap over. I have just downloaded gmail app and am testing it to see if it’s adequate if not I’ll give Aquamail a go.

Thanks.
sydney8711 h, 12 m ago

I know but I have had them for years. It’s difficult to swap over. I have j …I know but I have had them for years. It’s difficult to swap over. I have just downloaded gmail app and am testing it to see if it’s adequate if not I’ll give Aquamail a go. Thanks.

I found Gmail didn't seem to work when searching e-mails, no such problems with Aquamail.
The developers are pretty qood for responding to questions too.

Easiest way if you do try to transition is set up connections to your old and new e-mails via the app, That way you can see both inboxes and not lose track.
Just forward yahoo mail to the new Gmail account until you sort it. Then abandon yahoo..and don't use 3rd party apps for simplicity.. Unless it has a feature you really need. I stick with Gmail. Proton and outlook apps. All works fine but I know some like to use one app for the lot..
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
wayners20 h, 39 m ago

Just forward yahoo mail to the new Gmail account until you sort it. Then …Just forward yahoo mail to the new Gmail account until you sort it. Then abandon yahoo..and don't use 3rd party apps for simplicity.. Unless it has a feature you really need. I stick with Gmail. Proton and outlook apps. All works fine but I know some like to use one app for the lot..

Great idea. Done this and it works well so far. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants