It appears you'll need an account to use iPlayer from some time next year!

22 replies
22 Comments

Banned

Lol.

And? you make it sound like they will link accounts to your TV licence. You only need an account, that's all. Just like you do for the ITV player.

Nothing to see here.

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

Lol.And? you make it sound like they will link accounts to your TV … Lol.And? you make it sound like they will link accounts to your TV licence. You only need an account, that's all. Just like you do for the ITV player.Nothing to see here.

I think they want you to think that. But lets face it, scare tactic's are all the BBC have left. . .

It will eventually be linked to the licence I suspect.
It's easy to set up a disposable email and use a postcode from just about anywhere in the UK to create an account.

Or you all could just buy a TV licence....

Wyley100

Or not watch it. I haven't watched broadcast TV since 2006 and stopped using iPlayer the day it required a TV license to watch it. Nothing worth watching on it anyway.

All these accounts, crazy, may need account to walk in the street, smoke, drink alcohol, breath oxygen under Kyoto agreement, use public toilet and play in the park. This is government in disguise, how many of these people are employed in managing the billions of accounts in this country, lol, plus outsourced and then create jobs in Mumbai.

Wyley100

some people just like to steal stuff.

I wish they would link it to the licence and then provide a full service with archived shows.

Banned

Haven't used iPlayer since 2009 and that was to watch George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (or Dawn of the Dead.. I can't remember precisely).

Have to say very rarely use iPlayer *shockhorror* still watch live TV
but when I do it works(unlike when it started) on the other hand a lot of the functions on something like nowtv are rubbish or non existent

Even channel 4 requires it, it'll be either used to send you spam / emails or collection list for tvlicensing

splender

All these accounts, crazy, may need account to walk in the street, smoke, … All these accounts, crazy, may need account to walk in the street, smoke, drink alcohol, breath oxygen under Kyoto agreement, use public toilet and play in the park. This is government in disguise, how many of these people are employed in managing the billions of accounts in this country, lol, plus outsourced and then create jobs in Mumbai.

More so you should be using different password for each site too...I guess you can get away with a silly password for sites like iPlayer where it doesn't matter too much.
Edited by: "kiish" 27th Sep 2016

Banned

I pay the license but don't see why people watching other live TV need to pay....doesn't make sense?

Predikuesi

It will eventually be linked to the licence I suspect.It's easy to set up … It will eventually be linked to the licence I suspect.It's easy to set up a disposable email and use a postcode from just about anywhere in the UK to create an account.

But I'm sure they will be logging IPs even though they say they don't. Then easy to prove email address was used to access the service from a particular IP and ta da

Banned

bensands

I pay the license but don't see why people watching other live TV need to … I pay the license but don't see why people watching other live TV need to pay....doesn't make sense?

Everyone has to pay a TV licence because there is no way the BBC could survive else.

Wyley100

stopped using iPlayer the day it required a TV license

Nothing worth watching on it anyway.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rgTSEWHsrBw/maxresdefault.jpg

What no garham1979 yet?

if he is missing I have not got him

I shall refrain from my BBC supporting comments till Graham has spoken

If it allows me to then watch when on holiday abroad there will be some advantage.

Banned

nyckt

If it allows me to then watch when on holiday abroad there will be some … If it allows me to then watch when on holiday abroad there will be some advantage.

I will just make loads and sell them on ebay.

Satan_Claws

Or not watch it. I haven't watched broadcast TV since 2006 and stopped … Or not watch it. I haven't watched broadcast TV since 2006 and stopped using iPlayer the day it required a TV license to watch it. Nothing worth watching on it anyway.

​even if you don't watch BBC iPlayer or BBC you still need a licence

MrScotchBonnet

Everyone has to pay a TV licence because there is no way the BBC could … Everyone has to pay a TV licence because there is no way the BBC could survive else.

​they could survive if they became commercial

MrScotchBonnet

I will just make loads and sell them on ebay.

​use filmon live abroad you can watch most of the channels
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions