Didn't work.

master_chief;8310813

Didn't work.

Colour blind :whistling:

Original Poster

master_chief;8310813

Didn't work.

you cheated

id love to see the maths behind this....

Banned

skusey;8310838

you cheated

No it did really. It's so blindingly simple though. Only the first and third choice matter as the combination of coloured numbers are split among the houses.

lol yes it worked! ty

Banned

lanc_red;8310839

it's called pruning i think. its like game theory. they just narrow down the branches (pruning them) until you are left with only one answer. (it's not really pure maths)

there is a human trick you can do too.. but i can't remember how it goes but it works like think of a number, double it, add x take away y etc etc then they can guess your answer.

when you pick the colour then when you pick the box with it in notice theres no colour to the number now thats cause in each box theres 1 number from each colour easy to work out

Original Poster

bykergrove;8310881

it's called pruning i think. its like game theory. they just narrow down … it's called pruning i think. its like game theory. they just narrow down the branches (pruning them) until you are left with only one answer. (it's not really pure maths)there is a human trick you can do too.. but i can't remember how it goes but it works like think of a number, double it, add x take away y etc etc then they can guess your answer.

7?:-D

Banned

csamual;8310884

when you pick the colour then when you pick the box with it in notice … when you pick the colour then when you pick the box with it in notice theres no colour to the number now thats cause in each box theres 1 number from each colour easy to work out

Even easier after I mentioned it a couple of posts earlier.

Banned

bykergrove;8310881

it's called pruning i think. its like game theory. they just narrow down … it's called pruning i think. its like game theory. they just narrow down the branches (pruning them) until you are left with only one answer. (it's not really pure maths)there is a human trick you can do too.. but i can't remember how it goes but it works like think of a number, double it, add x take away y etc etc then they can guess your answer.

There's no math, just a trick with misdirection.

master_chief;8310913

Even easier after I mentioned it a couple of posts earlier.

wow ur fast :thumbsup:

Banned

master_chief;8310919

There's no math, just a trick with misdirection.

i didn't actually play the game. i just saw the coloured numbers

bykergrove;8311299

i didn't actually play the game. i just saw the coloured numbers

bright colours and shapes make me happy

haha

Banned

Edit: nevermind, I was beaten like a child in social care.

bykergrove;8310881

there is a human trick you can do too.. but i can't remember how it goes … there is a human trick you can do too.. but i can't remember how it goes but it works like think of a number, double it, add x take away y etc etc then they can guess your answer.

I like those tricks..:p e.g. (Choose a Number, Add 5, Double the result, Subtract 4, Divide the result by 2, Subtract the number you started with, The result is 3)

lanc_red;8310839

What math?

Simple lookup, only the answers to the 'colour' and 'house' questions matter; then look-up the answer in a table:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5189/puzzlews.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?59
      3. Speccing a gaming pc415
      4. Deliveroo11

See more discussions