It is that time of year again.

Posted 29th Apr
Who else grits their teeth & resents doing that online direct debit form for their council tax? Yes I am 2 weeks late!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
I thought you just do it once. I did mine about 20yrs ago and that was it.... nothing more to do.
Willy_Wonka29/04/2020 19:19

I always cancel my direct debit & renew it in April. I must be odd.

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
Doing it once a year? I did it 6 years ago when I first moved into my current home.
13 Comments
I thought you just do it once. I did mine about 20yrs ago and that was it.... nothing more to do.
You should only need to set it up once, unless you’ve cancelled it.
Doing it once a year? I did it 6 years ago when I first moved into my current home.
You probably don't have direct debit otherwise there isn't anything someone needs to do.
Yup - set mine up 13 years ago when we moved house.
I didn't mind setting up the direct debit 15 years ago, but the £200 a month they take stings a bit!

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

For what reason as you can set up direct debit for 10 or 12 months? (Nottingham city at least)
terriclarkfan29/04/2020 19:14

I didn't mind setting up the direct debit 15 years ago, but the £200 a …I didn't mind setting up the direct debit 15 years ago, but the £200 a month they take stings a bit!

£256, love 2 council tax free months though lol
Edited by: "AMaky" 29th Apr

That’s an odd thing to do... do you worry that your council won’t give you the two months free?
shelliebish29/04/2020 20:17

That’s an odd thing to do... do you worry that your council won’t give you …That’s an odd thing to do... do you worry that your council won’t give you the two months free?

I think it depends on the council - I think my local council only does 12 month and annual direct debits now. I enjoy the 2 months payment break though (especially after Christmas).
Insanely unfair tax only set up to make councils look bad
never given them my bank details.

never paid it in the first place until they threatened to take me to court.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 29th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions