It might be a good time to post a deal for isopropyl alcohol?

17
Posted 29th JanEdited by:"jasee"
Pure or as rubbing alcohol (70%)
Although it is only effective against some viruses.
Normally you would dilute pure to 70-80%, I think
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Rune_2H29/01/2020 23:31

Comment deleted



That's better than I've found in the UK so far 9.99 for 1.5 litres (70%), where from please?
How much do I need to drink to be immune from coroanavirus?
I usually buy from ebay, most recently from here
ebay.co.uk/itm…277
coys6730/01/2020 07:23

How much do I need to drink to be immune from coroanavirus?


Drink as much of it as you feel you can possibly manage, I'm sure you'll be immune to anything then!
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 30th Jan
Soap and water is better than any alcohol solution.
I usually buy from fibreglass suppliers, along with other useful solvents like acetone, trouble is courier costs are quite high for highly flammable goods, so ebay and amazon sellers who just bung it in the regular post etc will normally be cheaper.


cfsnet.co.uk £26.23 for 5 litres inc postage, or 25 litres for £70.26
Avatar
deleted1175484
Does it mix well with monster or red bull? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOSH IM SO FUNNY
deleted117548430/01/2020 12:07

Does it mix well with monster or red bull? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOSH IM SO …Does it mix well with monster or red bull? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOSH IM SO FUNNY


No, it is toxic and bitter tasting in itself, so it doesn't need anything added to make it unpalatable to drink.
Avatar
deleted1175484
melted30/01/2020 12:20

No, it is toxic and bitter tasting in itself, so it doesn't need anything …No, it is toxic and bitter tasting in itself, so it doesn't need anything added to make it unpalatable to drink.


So just drink that by itself and pour the monster away
Azwipe30/01/2020 11:09

Soap and water is better than any alcohol solution.



Better tell them in WuHan then
melted30/01/2020 12:20

No, it is toxic and bitter tasting in itself, so it doesn't need anything …No, it is toxic and bitter tasting in itself, so it doesn't need anything added to make it unpalatable to drink.



Is it more toxic to humans than ethanol? Which I suppose you could call toxic
(Not that I want to drink the stuff, of course)
Azwipe30/01/2020 11:09

Soap and water is better than any alcohol solution.


Depends I guess. Alcohol solution does not work on Norovirus, as an example.
jasee01/02/2020 22:29

Is it more toxic to humans than ethanol? Which I suppose you could call …Is it more toxic to humans than ethanol? Which I suppose you could call toxic(Not that I want to drink the stuff, of course)


You should not drink it, it is metabolised to acetone! addictioncampuses.com/alc…ol/


I think you'd be hard pushed to legally find pure ethanol in the UK these days, best you could probably do is a very strong Vodka. Products sold as Ethanol usually have to be denatured so they can't be used in beverages, and I think they use Methanol, which is also toxic to drink.
Edited by: "melted" 1st Feb
melted01/02/2020 23:12

You should not drink it, it is metabolised to acetone! You should not drink it, it is metabolised to acetone! https://www.addictioncampuses.com/alcohol/isopropyl-rubbing-alcohol/I think you'd be hard pushed to legally find pure ethanol in the UK these days, best you could probably do is a very strong Vodka. Products sold as Ethanol usually have to be denatured so they can't be used in beverages, and I think they use Methanol, which is also toxic to drink.



That is surprising! From the article it seems that excessive use of rubbing alcohol (for instance as a hand cleanser?) can be moderately toxic through absorption through the skin.
jasee02/02/2020 02:45

That is surprising! From the article it seems that excessive use of …That is surprising! From the article it seems that excessive use of rubbing alcohol (for instance as a hand cleanser?) can be moderately toxic through absorption through the skin.


I suspect that you'd have to quite heavy exposure to be seriously harmed by skin contact, it would probably badly aggravate your skin first? Also at 70%, rubbing alcohol would release a lot less vapour than pure to inhale.

I think the bottles of hand sanitiser used in hospitals are ethanol based.

My father used to work with methanol (wood alcohol) back in the days before health and safety, they had to heat up a vat of it mixed with acetone and TNT (yep the explosive), he reckoned they used to be mildly inebriated from the vapour by the end of the shift - possibly the cause of some of his health conditions.
Edited by: "melted" 2nd Feb
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text

    Discussions

    Top Merchants