Groups

itch, bite, sting relief??

I hate this time of year as every gnat, mozzie and creepy crawly bites me! I hate it cos I cant sleep with the windows open and get bit even when im covered up in long sleeves... anyways someone said you can get a 6month injection from a doctor is this true? ive ever heard of it before but it would be a godsend it it was true!

I also saw some weird device in poundland that sucked the poison out it looked like a big needle.. anyone saw these/ recommend them?

10 Comments

You need antihistamine, much like hay fever sufferers. The allergic reaction can be much reduced. There is an injection available for this, but over the counter remedies or Piriton (other brands are available) on prescription (if it works out cheaper for you) will do just the same. It's important to remember that antihistamines (especially for hayfever) need to be taken everyday throughout the affecting seaon. Just taking them when you feel bad/have a reaction won't be most effective.

PS: I am not a doctor, and advise you to seek advice from your GP.

and if you do get biten dont scratch it, use a little vinegar on the bite/sting and leave it, it works trust me

EURAX cream is good for insect bites, stops itching for hours.

Grandma;8688651

and if you do get biten dont scratch it, use a little vinegar on the … and if you do get biten dont scratch it, use a little vinegar on the bite/sting and leave it, it works trust me

and smell like a chip shop instead :-D

i put aloe vera gel on bites/stings i find it works wonders and stops the itching

I've got two mosquito bites on my ass:oops: and I've been using antihistamines and hydrocortisone cream on it - works well. :lol:

Banned

hydrocortisone is a bit strong for a midge bite, christ........dont use it on ur face its a topical steroid

gets some tiger balm or aloe vera gel.

take vitamin b1 thiamine regulary and theyll generally go for someone else after a few weeks

All very well taking something to deal with the aftermath of a bite, but how about doing something before you get bitten?

Put insect mesh frames over you windows so you can open them, but keep the mozzy's out!
    Put an insect repelant on before you go to bed. (You can always shower before going to work)
    Buy a mosquito net to hang over your bed if you don't want to put mesh up on your windows.

John

casparwhite;8689069

hydrocortisone is a bit strong for a midge bite, christ........dont use … hydrocortisone is a bit strong for a midge bite, christ........dont use it on ur face its a topical steroidgets some tiger balm or aloe vera gel.take vitamin b1 thiamine regulary and theyll generally go for someone else after a few weeks

It's a Corticosteroid and is perfectly safe to use. My baby is using it just now for eczema and it's a common usage for it, as it is for insect bites.

It's only 1% Hydrocortisone we're talking about here.

Original Poster

thanks everyone its much appreciated
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      3. What is there free to do in your town?25
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions