Item held at customs, no letter to pay charges. What do i do?

Found 15th Mar 2012
I ordered an item from the USA which incurred custom charges which is fine.

However this has been held for 2 weeks at customs (the tracking also says "Arrival at Post Office") and that fees are awaiting to be paid.

However i have had no letter in the post or anything which tells me how i pay the charges and get my item.

I would appreciate any help, Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Banned
if only they had a phone
Banned
if its arrived at the post offioce and fees need to be paid......

try going to the post office and paying them?

logical or not?
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

if only they had a phone

OMG what a great help you are, move on ****!
Edited by moderator: "swear filter avoidance" 15th Mar 2012
Original Poster
casparwhite

if its arrived at the post offioce and fees need to be paid......try … if its arrived at the post offioce and fees need to be paid......try going to the post office and paying them?logical or not?

Already tried, they haven't got it and just refer me back to the letter i was suppose to have received
there must be a phone number for customs, use the internet, find the number, call them and give them your details and tell them you haven't received a letter
have your tried parcelforce?
two things may happen. The first is they will send you a letter (may take a while) for them to get round to doing this. Second is they may release it and the postman will diliver it, but you will have to pay the fee to the postman. Ive had this before with a package and had to pay customs, plus an admin fee to the post office. This was a few years ago and the system may have changed now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants