Groups

Item was posted to return address

I sold a book on amazon marketplace for £12 and posted it at the post office with a proof of posting. I put a return address sticker on the back and to anyone it would be clear which address to send the item to.

Anyway, today I received the item really battered in the post and as the book was sold as 'like new', it's now 'good' at best. Any ideas what I should do? I'm going to the PO tomorrow.

19 Comments

Complain and get compensation for book and postage costs.

Original Poster

it was just an A4 envelope. It's a very thin leaflet-like book, so it fit perfectly.

Cant see them compensating you as its up to you to determine how much 'protection' the goods need.

Cant really complain about a book being damaged if you posted it in an envelope. A4 envelopes are sorted differently to packets when sorting and its not a good idea to use them for anything of any value.

Having worked for royal mail I now avoid putting return addresses on packages. You wouldnt believe the amount of people I saw sorting stuff wrongly after reading the return address instead of the intended one.

If you want to claim compensation it has to be done on royal mails website (fill in the appropriate form) and can take weeks if not months to sort out so might not be worth it for £12, dont think your local PO will do anything as its nothing to do with them once its left them.

Banned

Any ideas what I should do?

refund the buyer today

csiman;7653024

Any ideas what I should do?refund the buyer today

+1, its your fault bud. Its worth spending the extra quid on some bubble wrap/cardboard to make sure your protected when stuff like this happens as apposed to trying to get 'lucky' with the cheaper delivery costs of an envelope.

Banned

refund buyer, take a photo and show him so he doesn't think you're pulling a fast one

dcx_badass;7653100

When I put a returns address, I just put my name, number and postcode at … When I put a returns address, I just put my name, number and postcode at the bottom on the back.

+1, in tiny writing too

Banned

Is that really you in your avatar OP?!

vibeone;7653239

i want to know the same

Original Poster

vibeone;7653239

nah.

And in my opinion the packaging was suitable for the book. It had to be really thrown about to get it the condition it was in when I got it back.

Banned

drspa44;7653293

nah.And in my opinion the packaging was suitable for the book. It had to … nah.And in my opinion the packaging was suitable for the book. It had to be really thrown about to get it the condition it was in when I got it back.

er, thats what happens to parcels when they travel around the country :?

Covering a thin book with a piece of paper doesnt offer any protection whatsover :thumbsup:

drspa44;7653293

nah.

We don't believe you. :whistling:

Original Poster

Full pic.
    http://www.cabq.gov/police/asorna/images/Montoya.Robert06.jpg

I think those cardboard envelopes will go at the same price as a normal paper envelope, and offer a lot more protection.

sod the book...im intrested in this pic thing. am i missing something?

Original Poster

Comes from here. No relation (!)

cabq.gov/pol…tml

drspa44;7654847

Comes from here. No relation … Comes from here. No relation (!)http://www.cabq.gov/police/asorna/asorna_m.html

The pic is: Sex Offense Conviction: CSP of a minor

???? Why use that photo ????

Original Poster

linuxlinks;7654909

The pic is: Sex Offense Conviction: CSP of a minor???? Why use that photo … The pic is: Sex Offense Conviction: CSP of a minor???? Why use that photo ????

I just thought it was a freaky photo when I found it. I wasn't reading the page, but I was just trying to see if there was someone on there that I knew had been imprisoned in NM.

Banned

linuxlinks;7654909

The pic is: Sex Offense Conviction: CSP of a minor???? Why use that photo … The pic is: Sex Offense Conviction: CSP of a minor???? Why use that photo ????

Maybe he is a role model for the OP?

Banned

this is BG1 for controversial
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77749
      2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....22
      3. Bearded chat1222
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499

See more discussions