Groups

Items bought from Debenhams now further reduced in sale. Refund difference possible?

Bought some clothes for my girls and me, which are now further reduced.

Can I ask for the difference or give it and buy it back? Cheeky, I know

Anyone done this before?

Thanks.

17 Comments

return via mail/courierand re-purchase....easy

if you return to store I think they give you gift vouchers now

Original Poster

boothy;5702079

return via mail/courierand re-purchase....easyif you return to store I … return via mail/courierand re-purchase....easyif you return to store I think they give you gift vouchers now

They don't have the same sizes in stock

Marina;5702092

They don't have the same sizes in stock

bad times,just be happy you got them in the sale

Original Poster

boothy;5702107

bad times,just be happy you got them in the sale

I knew someone will say that.

Re-order and then if they come great,cos Debenhams are somewhat unreliable for sale stuff,taking orders and many times I've had them not fulfilled.
    Then you return the original stuff that you paid more for.
    The parcels do have a prepaid label in to drop by at post office,just get your proof of postage,or you can arrange courier and apply the courier label instead of pickup.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5702134

Re-order and then if they come great,cos Debenhams are somewhat … Re-order and then if they come great,cos Debenhams are somewhat unreliable for sale stuff,taking orders and many times I've had them not fulfilled.Then you return the original stuff that you paid more for.The parcels do have a prepaid label in to drop by at post office,just get your proof of postage,or you can arrange courier and apply the courier label instead of pickup.

the stuff she wants is out of stock

Ah right then you need just have at prices you got for then.

They'll not refund the difference like say Amazon have some policy like that don't they?

Supermod

How funny would it be if they went up in price and wrote to you to pay the difference. Not funny for you, more funny for me. :whistling:

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5702178

They'll not refund the difference like say Amazon have some policy like … They'll not refund the difference like say Amazon have some policy like that don't they?

Yeah, thats what I wanted to know, if they have such a policy. Thanks.

If you paid on a debenhams card I think you've got 30 days where they refund the difference if the price drops.

Original Poster

adambaz;5702909

If you paid on a debenhams card I think you've got 30 days where they … If you paid on a debenhams card I think you've got 30 days where they refund the difference if the price drops.

I have overheard when a sales assistant said something similar to a customer. Is that a debenhams credit card or any other special card ? Thanks.

Yeah, debenhams store card.

Marina;5703513

I have overheard when a sales assistant said something similar to a … I have overheard when a sales assistant said something similar to a customer. Is that a debenhams credit card or any other special card ? Thanks.

When they offering them instore,usually you get extra discount off your purchase there and then,and sometimes they have special days where there are further discounts for account card holders.

Yes it's a good thing,but be cautious as the interest rate on store cards is crazy high. I have a Mothercare store card but rarely use it,but when I do,I pay in full the following mth. I only got it as used to spend a fair bit in there before the store here closed down,and there som points you get so was getting a few quid in vouchers a year for spending on it.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5705820

When they offering them instore,usually you get extra discount off your … When they offering them instore,usually you get extra discount off your purchase there and then,and sometimes they have special days where there are further discounts for account card holders.Yes it's a good thing,but be cautious as the interest rate on store cards is crazy high. I have a Mothercare store card but rarely use it,but when I do,I pay in full the following mth. I only got it as used to spend a fair bit in there before the store here closed down,and there som points you get so was getting a few quid in vouchers a year for spending on it.

Thank you, you've been so sweet!!

Original Poster

Rep u all in a min.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;5702188

How funny would it be if they went up in price and wrote to you to pay … How funny would it be if they went up in price and wrote to you to pay the difference. Not funny for you, more funny for me. :whistling:

Actually funny for me too, cos if retailers did that it won't just affect me, YOU and others as well :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764507
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …95176
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30117
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55

See more discussions