Groups

Ithink Ive Had A Good Idea For Freebies

OK I THINK I MIGHT HAVE HAD A REALLY GODD IDEA , I HAVE JUST KINDLY RECIVED SOME FREEBIES FROM shellscreativeca AND IT GOT ME THINKING WHY DONT WE ALL TRY AND LIST AN ITEM THAT PLP COULD HAVE FOR FREE , ETC SOMETHING YOU DONT USE ANY MORE OR THINGS YOU HAVE NO USE FOR , SOMEOTHER PLP COULD FIND OTHERS JUNK TREASURE , THE PERSON COULD LIST THERE ITEM IVE GOT A FEW DVDS AND THE PERSON WHO THE OP THINKS DESERVES IT THE MOST SHOULD GET THE FREEBIE , JUST ALITTLE THOUGHT , THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE LET ME KNOW IF IM NOT ALLOWED TO POST THIS :oops:

20 Comments

I would have read that - but you posted in caps and they give me headache.

I think its a great idea, ive loads of tokens from The Mail if anyones a few short. Ive also got 2 pairs black school pumps worn once size 2 and 4 if any one wants them, have also got black and grey school trousers size 10,11 pm me if interested.

Got a new o2 sim card, the new free text one

Original Poster

aww jasmin thats really nice of you if loads of plp put a few things they no longer needed lots of plp would get some bargains , also there would have to be some sort of rules like you can only get 1 item or something every few weeks or months , so it wil leave lots more freebies for other plp x

if nobody has any luck giving things/finding things they want here then you can always use freecycle, it's a great community

Find your local group here > ]http//ww…rg/

Can I put a WANT please????!!! Cloth nappies! Im dying to try them but DP doesnt want me to spend the money now - my lo is 8mths. Would need a large size - to fit 25lb.
    Thanks ppl!!

a nice idea in principle but may cause a few problems in respect of who the op deems the most 'deserving'

if i have something to give away i use freecycle too, on a first come basis

Banned

loupomm

a nice idea in principle but may cause a few problems in respect of who … a nice idea in principle but may cause a few problems in respect of who the op deems the most 'deserving'if i have something to give away i use freecycle too, on a first come basis

what about freebie swaps then?

sassie

what about freebie swaps then?

i think due cos of need of postage would it not be put in the trade section anyway?

Obviously it would be down to the mods :thumbsup:

Banned

loupomm

i think due cos of need of postage would it not be put in the trade … i think due cos of need of postage would it not be put in the trade section anyway?Obviously it would be down to the mods :thumbsup:

Maybe a freebies section in the trade section, just for freebie swaps, but think we already know the answer :giggle:

I think its best if its first come first served, and kept to being given away free not swapped, maybe a section for freebies? I dont mind paying postage as long as someone can make use of it, I hate things going to waste. I already use freecycle but would prefer posting them to strangers coming round. Would like to here more opinions.

Even though free, this type of thing would be best in the For Sale, Trade or Wanted forum, where you can ask for postage or not.

[SIZE=2]Nice idea though mostwanteddirect [/SIZE]

Original Poster

i agree jasmin maby there should be anew section for free stuff , i have just looked on the freecycle and it seems like really big stuff on there like tables with 6 chairs etc just thought it would be nice to give little things like dvds or books etx things that wont cost the earth to post but would get stuff you no longeruse and have the satifaction its gone to a home that really would benifit , also if you give freebies maby a freebie will come up that you would like ? am i babbling x

i CANT EVEN GET MINE IN CAPS

edit: OK I CAN

mostwanteddirect

am i babbling

Possibly;-) but it's a good idea:thumbsup:

welll i think its agreat idea, i didnt really want postage for mine, i was giving these things for free because i wasnt using them, but didnt have the heart to through them away, as crafters can make anything from anything, and the postage didnt bother me as whats a few punds betweens freinds, if i have anymore ill let you know guys xx

mostwanteddirect

i have just looked on the freecycle and it seems like really big stuff on … i have just looked on the freecycle and it seems like really big stuff on there like tables with 6 chairs etc just thought it would be nice to give little things like dvds or books etx things that wont cost the earth to post

I guess it depends on your group but i've given clothes, videos, dvds and the like away before through freecycle.

I think a freebie section on here is a very good idea though

angelaing

Can I put a WANT please????!!! Cloth nappies! Im dying to try them but DP … Can I put a WANT please????!!! Cloth nappies! Im dying to try them but DP doesnt want me to spend the money now - my lo is 8mths. Would need a large size - to fit 25lb.Thanks ppl!!

PM me I may be able to help :thumbsup:

great idea!
    ive tried the freecycle thing, only thing is, the one person who sent me a rather pleading email asking for the thing i had (i think it was 2 virgin sims), didnt turn up to get them, then i thought ive given my address out to a possible loonie online who i dont know, i dont think i will be doing that again in a hurry!!!

I am a moderator on freecycle and we even have people giving food away, we have very small things like seeds, pens etc to cars and caravans.
    If you don't want to give your address out then for small things you could meet them somewhere. safe
    I know the problems we have trying to moderate so i wouldn't recommend it on here unless the mods have loads of free time.
    It can be a nightmare..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      2. word survey1013
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1627
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions