Groups

Itrip for ipod

Can anyone actually tell me how the itrip works?

Do you just tune the itrip into the same frequency as on the stereo and press play on the ipod?

Does the music then transmit wirelessly to the stereo?

6 Comments

Its a short range radio transmitter. You set the stereo to its frequency, not the other way round.

Original Poster

Ah right.

But as long as they 2 frequencies are the same the music being played through the ipod will come through the stereo?

And it's wireless?

Yes radio transmitters are wireless.

I have an iTrip - you tune your car radio to 88.9FM and when you switch the iPod on, the music comes through the radio - all wirelessly.

They are good - but reception can suffer slight interference in cities.

You can select any frequency on FM doesn't just have to be 88.9, you just need it on one that doesnt have any station on it.

edit - bad spelling.

hotdealing

You can select any frequency on FM doesn't just have to be 88.9, you just … You can select any frequency on FM doesn't just have to be 88.9, you just need it on one that doesnt have any station on it.edit - bad spelling.

Some of the older ones are frequency locked - although the recent versions have a digital lcd display that allows you to tune to unused frequencies.

I use it all the time in the house too so I can play ipod through radio in any room I happen to be in - rather than turning stereo volume up to 11.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1189
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget45
      3. Oil for Oak Doors33
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?44

See more discussions