its a funny old game innit

Middlesbrough sack boss Southgate

his team wins 2 - 0 tonight

4th in the league

sacked!
Boro chairman Steve Gibson said: "This has been the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in football."

Former Crystal Palace boss Alan Smith, described by Boro as a "football consultant", has also left the club.

22 Comments

Weird decision...I thought since he stuck by him after the relegation Gibson would at least give him till Christmas

Strange, must have someone lined up.

My money is on Sven :lol:

please please please let it be walter smith and sally mccoist.

ants97;6639121

please please please let it be walter smith and sally mccoist.

Don't be mean you must be a Geordie!

rumour has strachan

any news on roy keane yet

Original Poster

rugger-tyke;6639140

any news on roy keane yet

yeah - think he will be going - soon - :-D

what really pzzes me off is when a manager is sacked - i understand it as them not doing the job properly - so why - weeks or even days later they walk into another job!!!:oops:

What a joke. If the legend Fergie was judged by his first few seasons then he would have never made it to this stage. I think clubs need to have more faith in their managers, but instead they're sacking them left right and centre!

Lost 3 home games in a row, went to the Derby match last ngiht and Derby were very very poor and we should of slaughtered them. It was a weird decision to sack him after a win but i am very glad he has gone, Rumor has it Strachen is being lined up which i think is great. :-D

Strange time to make the decision. Why not make it at the end of last season rather than wait till now and then sack him for a bad run of a few games and then a win.

I don't think it will have any bearing though as i don't see them going back up this season. Much stronger teams in the Championship.

I think 3 years is more than enough time to build your own team and he even said after the game they didn't play well.

Last nights attendance was the lowest ever at the Riverside, less than half full.

If you can't half fill a stadium when you are fourth there is something wrong.

Rafa will be free soon perhaps he could go there :w00t:

I heard a rumour that Grimsby Town will be appointing a woman as their new manager.

borolad94;6639509

Lost 3 home games in a row, went to the Derby match last ngiht and Derby … Lost 3 home games in a row, went to the Derby match last ngiht and Derby were very very poor and we should of slaughtered them. It was a weird decision to sack him after a win but i am very glad he has gone, Rumor has it Strachen is being lined up which i think is great. :-D

hands off pearson :thumbsup: although if the Davids rumour is true we may have already lost the plot lol

belch;6641898

I heard a rumour that Grimsby Town will be appointing a woman as their … I heard a rumour that Grimsby Town will be appointing a woman as their new manager.

wdkf.co.uk/200…ll/ manageress :w00t:

borolad94;6639509

Lost 3 home games in a row, went to the Derby match last ngiht and Derby … Lost 3 home games in a row, went to the Derby match last ngiht and Derby were very very poor and we should of slaughtered them. It was a weird decision to sack him after a win but i am very glad he has gone, Rumor has it Strachen is being lined up which i think is great. :-D

How much is it to follow Boro this season?

As for Southgate, surprised he got so much time

greg_68;6639540

I think 3 years is more than enough time to build your own team and he … I think 3 years is more than enough time to build your own team and he even said after the game they didn't play well.Last nights attendance was the lowest ever at the Riverside, less than half full.If you can't half fill a stadium when you are fourth there is something wrong.Rafa will be free soon perhaps he could go there :w00t:

If i remember rightly, the attendance last night was 17, 459. This is apparetnly the reason for the sacking. which is very very poor for a fourth place team like you said. Our stadium holds approx 35k :w00t: I've heard quite a few fans were not going to go back there until he has been sacked. So i'm sure its going to go back up for the match on Halloween. And he was right, we didn't play too well. We gave away the ball, hoofed it forward for tiny Lita to try and get his head on and it was a lucky penelty and a moment of class from Johnson that won the game for us, if we were against a side that was playing well at the moment they could and probably would of won very easily becuase Derby like i said before were very bad.

avfc456;6643470

How much is it to follow Boro this season? As for Southgate, surprised … How much is it to follow Boro this season? As for Southgate, surprised he got so much time

Looked at my ticket for last night (Under 16) - £8! was very surprised. Was about £16 last season.

borolad94;6639509

Mate, you don't want Strachan, we had him for 4 years and if he actually listened to others' opinions instead of being so single minded he'd still be at Celtic today.

civms47;6643515

Mate, you don't want Strachan, we had him for 4 years and if he actually … Mate, you don't want Strachan, we had him for 4 years and if he actually listened to others' opinions instead of being so single minded he'd still be at Celtic today.

I personally since we got relegated wanted Souness. But i think Strachen would be a good manager, or Alan Curbishley. we'll just have to wait and see...

borolad94;6643547

I personally since we got relegated wanted Souness.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

borolad94;6643547

I personally since we got relegated wanted Souness. But i think Strachen … I personally since we got relegated wanted Souness. But i think Strachen would be a good manager, or Alan Curbishley. we'll just have to wait and see...

:thinking:

As for ticket prices, thats pretty good for the championship
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1526
    2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32171
    4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger78

See more discussions