Groups

Its a message from god!

So I had £20 in my purse yesterday earmarked for essentials but I also wanted to get some new jeans.

Now all but 1 pair of trousers I own are size 12 or 14 and need a belt to stop em falling off, been reluctant to buy smaller sizes as I expected to put the weight back on but I bought a pair of size 10 jeans reduced in primark to £7 a few weeks back and I love em, I look so much better in better fitting jeans, still need a belt tho so I maybe a size 8 but I'm not going to go there.

So I go in primark and pick up a reduced price top for £3 but theres no reduced jeans I like but there is a full price pair for £12 I really like, so I'm 50/50 thinking I need to do food shoping and save money and I need retail therapy.

Retail therapy won! And I picked up a snake chain for £2 and a set of fashion rings for £2.50. Get to the till to blow my £20 on 19.50 worth of stuff, the assistant isnt taking any notice too busy chatting to the girl next to her, when she gets to the jeans they scan as £2.

So I got retail therapy and food shopping

Its a message from god....he/she is giving me a mission to look good.

36 Comments

Pics or it didn't happen...

Banned

Would never buy from that awful company. The way they treat their workers is appalling. Mind you they aren't the only ones.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a8/a80fa43e4d703998e6c1e85cf6c6b63302ece662ccf41f1d24d694fa2ea32cb9.jpg

Love it when that happens! Went to next last weekend and my daughter wanted a top in the sale which was reduced to £7 but when I took it to the till it scanned through as £1!

your a size 14 with a £20 shopping budget???

Banned

elliott1982

You sound like this guy.

[img]scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=3156cfcb7e5fe29296ec4fae240a4263&oe=587CDDD0[/img]

elliott1982

No. She's a size 10 if you read it.

http://i.imgur.com/ILWCLKO.gif

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

When I wash em I'll take a pic of the proof of purchase which I assume is in the bag with em.

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

You sound like this … You sound like this guy.[img]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14095774_1125981920879626_3969352982746649892_n.jpg?oh=3156cfcb7e5fe29296ec4fae240a4263&oe=587CDDD0[/img]

She looks better without the make up.

I'm nominating this as the thread of the week.

Error440

She looks better without the make up.

I'm all for the natural look and women should be free to look how they wish.....but no, she doesn't.

Not God but good Karma

Anyone think as humans we make things difficult?

what is it with clothing sizes? why cant all clothes male or female be measured in exact inches?

I mean I can buy a pair of 34" Jeans from one shop and they fit comfortable, I then walk into another shop and i can't get into a size 38! (usually designer stuff is tiny)

The more expensive the shop the less accurate their ruler is, there is some conspiracy I think where designers cant stick to a universal inch size.

Its like shoes too.. Adidas size 9 is smaller than a Nike size 9.

Edited by: "haritori" 10th Sep 2016

Original Poster

haritori

Anyone think as humans we make things difficult?what is it with clothing … Anyone think as humans we make things difficult?what is it with clothing sizes? why cant all clothes male or female be measured in exact inches?I mean I can buy a pair of 34" Jeans from one shop and they fit comfortable, I then walk into another shop and i can't get into a size 38! (usually designer stuff is tiny) The more expensive the shop the less accurate their ruler is, there is some conspiracy I think where designers cant stick to a universal inch size.Its like shoes too.. Adidas size 9 is smaller than a Nike size 9.

Not if you go to a tailors.

Error440

Not if you go to a tailors.

Of course, but who gets all of their clothes from a tailor's? in fact other than a suit who gets anything else from a tailor's?

Original Poster

Ermmm the queen?

Should've gone to greggs instead, and loaded up on sausage rolls.
    Tasty and nutritious snack, and when you get home you find all your old clothes fit fine - you've suddenly quadrupled your usable wardrobe!

Late - offering top quality life advice since 1973.

best advice i've seen on this site for ages X) nothing fills an old pair of baggy jeans like a crash diet of steak bakes & donuts

Late

Should've gone to greggs instead, and loaded up on sausage rolls.Tasty … Should've gone to greggs instead, and loaded up on sausage rolls.Tasty and nutritious snack, and when you get home you find all your old clothes fit fine - you've suddenly quadrupled your usable wardrobe!Late - offering top quality life advice since 1973.

It's god testing your honesty

Why is it a 'pair' of jeans when it's only one?

Picture of you trying jeans on with a £2 coin between your cheeks or nobody believes you. Edit: you can PM if you need.

Two pounds go into tuppence?

Sounds like a convoluted maths question is coming up.

haritori

Of course, but who gets all of their clothes from a tailor's? in fact … Of course, but who gets all of their clothes from a tailor's? in fact other than a suit who gets anything else from a tailor's?

Error440

Ermmm the queen?

Miles get all his clothes from a tailor ?
    this I can believe suits you sir ! X)
    http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-10-2014/vieqTw.gif

Nice one Error and their certainly was an "Error" In Primarni

oh my days... where did i put that green notebook?

In future error, have a look in some of the children's departments for cheaper clothing. Our adult daughter is slender and can get away buying young teen clothes as a 13 year old teen can be there same size as women's sizes but a lot cheaper!

haritori

Anyone think as humans we make things difficult?what is it with clothing … Anyone think as humans we make things difficult?what is it with clothing sizes? why cant all clothes male or female be measured in exact inches?I mean I can buy a pair of 34" Jeans from one shop and they fit comfortable, I then walk into another shop and i can't get into a size 38! (usually designer stuff is tiny) The more expensive the shop the less accurate their ruler is, there is some conspiracy I think where designers cant stick to a universal inch size.Its like shoes too.. Adidas size 9 is smaller than a Nike size 9.

I once bought two skirts . Same shop same design same style just different colours . One was too small and the other fitted perfectly

Mark2111

In future error, have a look in some of the children's departments for … In future error, have a look in some of the children's departments for cheaper clothing. Our adult daughter is slender and can get away buying young teen clothes as a 13 year old teen can be there same size as women's sizes but a lot cheaper!

No VAT ftw!

Nice one Error

My wife is the same .. always after bargains (especially in Primarni) although I have to credit her, she wanted a pair of adidas skater shoes and bought them from Schuh Kids.. saved herself about £30 by getting the kids size 4 rather than adult size 4 from the schuh adult store next door!!! it's ridiculous that they can get away with it tbh!

Original Poster

Unfortunately I can't do that as I'm a size 7 and a half

airfix

Why is it a 'pair' of jeans when it's only one?

“Pants” in the 16th century differed from today's jeans in that each leg was a separate garment, donned in succession and then belted together at the waist. Thus it made sense to call these “two-piece britches” a “pair” of pants, and the usage stuck long after pants were unified.

Still no pics
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZONBCfpHKlI/UiQVsUQi1qI/AAAAAAAABdg/BqpGzK2MVSs/s1600/Beautiful+Girls+In+Tight+Pants+%25281%2529.jpg

Original Poster

Meeeh its the weekend, I aint washed em yet not enough stuff for a full load.

Good things come to those who wait, dont expect to see my face tho, I'll wear a ninja hood.

My son bought a jacket yesterday in Primark. It was £12 but went through the till at £5.

Original Poster

Sweet, I got a belt in there that said 2 quid but rang up on the til as 1 and a childs bag priced at 4.00 that came in at 2.00 before.

But two quid for something labeled as 12 is the record for me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
      2. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
      3. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag99

See more discussions