Groups

Its Black Friday (nearly) so it must be a good deal ! Or so folks seem to think .

Anyone else noticed this ? The same old Amazon "Lightning Deal" tat are each 40-50% claimed ( normally 0-2% ) and the real Black Friday deals haven't even started yet (I sincerely hope) . Similarly non deals on here are being voted hot ! Who said the retailers have a hard time when so many gullible folks have an itchy credit card

26 Comments

You cannot compare percentages claimed between "Lightning Deals"/"Black Friday Deals" without knowing the quantities involved of each product on offer.

Additionally, a "Deal" is not just about the price.

Amazon (UK)'s Customer Service policies may be a lot of the attraction to buying from that merchant, regardless of the cost of the same product elsewhere.

Use the following website and you can check the average price of all the products being sold on Amazon throughout the year: uk.camelcamelcamel.com/
    Click on the product, then copy the address bar, paste it into the search bar on the camel website and it will show you the price the product has been in the last year.

Original Poster

fanpages

You cannot compare percentages claimed between "Lightning Deals"/"Black … You cannot compare percentages claimed between "Lightning Deals"/"Black Friday Deals" without knowing the quantities involved of each product on offer.Additionally, a "Deal" is not just about the price.Amazon (UK)'s Customer Service policies may be a lot of the attraction to buying from that merchant, regardless of the cost of the same product elsewhere.

I agree .equally "claimed " is not bought (folks should note for tomorrow) . However I have a brief look every now and again over the year and quite rightly the percentage of claims is 0-2% yet this evening ,for the same tat , the percentages claimed are 40 -50% on the same tat that's been appearing almost daily for months . Seems strange to me ? I sincerely hope Amazon will be doing better when Black Friday really starts .

Original Poster

CMG84

Use the following website and you can check the average price of all the … Use the following website and you can check the average price of all the products being sold on Amazon throughout the year: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ Click on the product, then copy the address bar, paste it into the search bar on the camel website and it will show you the price the product has been in the last year.

I always do that , as should we all . Still doesn't explain why the normal Lightning deal tat has such a high claim rate before Black Friday has started - just wondered if anyone else has noticed the same ?

rogparki

...Still doesn't explain why the normal Lightning deal tat has such a … ...Still doesn't explain why the normal Lightning deal tat has such a high claim rate before Black Friday has started - just wondered if anyone else has noticed the same ?

...probably because it is Black Friday week, the eve of the actual day, & punters are looking for "something" but don't know they are looking for.

They just want a "Deal" & don't care what it is.

Merchants online & Retailers in the high street may well play on that tomorrow/next week too.

There are many factors involved, & you cannot rationalise all of the related human behaviour when comparing a relatively small market at one merchant over a limited time period without any actual facts about the purchases involved.

Original Poster

fanpages

...probably because it is Black Friday week, the eve of the actual day, & … ...probably because it is Black Friday week, the eve of the actual day, & punters are looking for "something" but don't know they are looking for.They just want a "Deal" & don't care what it is.Merchants online & Retailers in the high street may well play on that tomorrow/next week too.There are many factors involved, & you cannot rationalise all of the related human behaviour when comparing a relatively small market at one merchant over a limited time period without any actual facts about the purchases involved.

Exactly , just had a quick scan through the Lightning deals , strange to see most were 50% claimed at the same old prices , whereas normally its 0-2% ( did check some to see if they had dropped in price -Nah ). Just wondering if others had noticed -thought I'd enquire - strange ? or perhaps not .
    Edited by: "rogparki" 24th Nov 2016

I'm not sure where the shock factor is in this. Numerous times I've seen in threads people would rather pay more with Amazon, because it's Amazon.

rogparki

Exactly , just had a quick scan through the Lightning deals , strange to … Exactly , just had a quick scan through the Lightning deals , strange to see most were 50% claimed at the same old prices , whereas normally its 0-2% ( did check some to see if they had dropped in price -Nah ). Just wondering if others had noticed -thought I'd enquire .

...or the quantities available (today) are different. 0-2% yesterday may be 10 items from the allocation, & there may only be 20 items available at present.

Original Poster

drasim

I'm not sure where the shock factor is in this. Numerous times I've seen … I'm not sure where the shock factor is in this. Numerous times I've seen in threads people would rather pay more with Amazon, because it's Amazon.

Fair enough , but why so many claims tonight ? when the same stuff at the same price has barely attracted a 2% claim over the last few months ,tonight some are 40-50% , that's my point . Anyway back to watch Amazon for some real Black Friday deals - I hope (_;)

rogparki

Fair enough , but why so many claims tonight ? when the same stuff at the … Fair enough , but why so many claims tonight ? when the same stuff at the same price has barely attracted a 2% claim over the last few months ,tonight some are 40-50% , that's my point . Anyway back to watch Amazon for some real Black Friday deals - I hope (_;)

See above.

Original Poster

fanpages

...or the quantities available (today) are different. 0-2% yesterday may … ...or the quantities available (today) are different. 0-2% yesterday may be 10 items from the allocation, & there may only be 20 items available at present.

That too is true , but so many quantities lowered by a factor of 20 ? on Black Friday eve ? Or have the "Deals" spurned for months suddenly become great as folks think they are Black Friday deals ? Don't really know - just postulating .

rogparki

Fair enough , but why so many claims tonight ? when the same stuff at the … Fair enough , but why so many claims tonight ? when the same stuff at the same price has barely attracted a 2% claim over the last few months ,tonight some are 40-50% , that's my point . Anyway back to watch Amazon for some real Black Friday deals - I hope (_;)

Lots of users online here tonight, so I can't imagine the amount of traffic Amazon would have. I would guess that many people are looking to make 'convenient' gift purchases without having to fight for a parking space in the town centre at weekends from now on.

Original Poster

drasim

Lots of users online here tonight, so I can't imagine the amount of … Lots of users online here tonight, so I can't imagine the amount of traffic Amazon would have. I would guess that many people are looking to make 'convenient' gift purchases without having to fight for a parking space in the town centre at weekends from now on.

A very good point , if true we will see the Lightning deal percentages stay high post Black Friday , Cyber Monday until Xmas , I shall watch with interest .

rogparki

A very good point , if true we will see the Lightning deal percentages … A very good point , if true we will see the Lightning deal percentages stay high post Black Friday , Cyber Monday until Xmas , I shall watch with interest .

You really need to get out more often.

Original Poster

fanpages

You really need to get out more often.

Little things please ............etc X) I do ,but you don't get the same quality of discussion down the pub - which I frequent - far too regularly oO

Ahh... HUKDs resident ray of sunshine

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Ahh... HUKDs resident ray of sunshine

Thanks ,appreciate that I always like to bring a hint of reality to the site .

on a side note, is it me or is this site being overrun by PS4/XO deals? Every other deal seems to be either a console bundle or a game. I'm not sure if it's just my app showing me more of these than others.

Original Poster

rufnek2kx

on a side note, is it me or is this site being overrun by PS4/XO deals? … on a side note, is it me or is this site being overrun by PS4/XO deals? Every other deal seems to be either a console bundle or a game. I'm not sure if it's just my app showing me more of these than others.

Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's why they play/buy games while normal folk sleep.

rogparki

Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's … Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's why they play/buy games while normal folk sleep.

Whereas you are just abnormal without being a gamer, I presume.
    Edited by: "fanpages" 26th Nov 2016

Original Poster

fanpages

Whereas you just abnormal without being a gamer, I presume.

No I work shifts - sorry - I presume that is abnormal ? - Next question

rogparki

Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's … Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's why they play/buy games while normal folk sleep.

fanpages

rogparki

No I work shifts - sorry - I presume that is abnormal ? - Next question

Yeah... you are the only person ever to be employed in a shift pattern.

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…747 ]

It's been a terrible day. I've only managed to fracture two jaws and knock four teeth out in Asda.
    Edited by: "moneysavingkitten" 26th Nov 2016

Original Poster

rogparki

Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - … Its just that gamers don't sleep the same hours as normal folk - that's why they play/buy games while normal folk sleep.

fanpages

rogparki

No I work shifts - sorry - I presume that is abnormal ? - Next question … No I work shifts - sorry - I presume that is abnormal ? - Next question

So you agree its not abnormal Took you 24 hours to decide that ?

rogparki

So you agree its not abnormal Took you 24 hours to decide that ?

No, & no... I just couldn't be bothered to reply to you until this evening.

The salesman best skill is to flip, Black Friday is flipped, it's a black and bleak day for your wallet and purse. Sadly I spent over £1500+ so far.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions