Groups

It's getting late and I have another internet connection problem that is doing my head in. Pleeeeease help!

Hi all

I had a problem connecting my dad's new Samsung NC10 earlier, and I found out (after many hours) that it was a jammed Fn key that meant I couldn't type in the correct Network Key. In my struggle to get it working, I had to change the IP settings. Now I can connect with my NC10, but not my Acer (which was fine before). I have got a bubble in the RHS corner saying 'Windows - System Error There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.'. Can someone please help?!

8 Comments

set it to auto obtain ip

Original Poster

leemole101;6139683

set it to auto obtain ip

How do I do that?

make the same changes to your acer but add 1 to the last part of the ip address ie
    192.168.0.2 becomes 192.168.0.3

maddogb;6139697

make the same changes to your acer but add 1 to the last part of the ip … make the same changes to your acer but add 1 to the last part of the ip address ie192.168.0.2 becomes 192.168.0.3

that will work too :thumbsup:

Sounds like you copied the settings I mentioned earlier exactly. You are suppose to change the IP addresses last section. For example 192.168.0.4 to 192.168.0.5 otherwise you will get a conflict :-D

You should change this on the NC10 though, although it won't hurt if you do it on both, just make sure the top line "IP Address" is different on each one, by one number in the last group shown above.

Glad you got it working though, good job :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I love both of you. Im gonna give you rep and go to bed. I have had enough!

Original Poster

PhearFactor;6139733

Sounds like you copied the settings I mentioned earlier exactly. You are … Sounds like you copied the settings I mentioned earlier exactly. You are suppose to change the IP addresses last section. For example 192.168.0.4 to 192.168.0.5 otherwise you will get a conflict :-DYou should change this on the NC10 though, although it won't hurt if you do it on both, just make sure the top line "IP Address" is different on each one, by one number in the last group shown above.Glad you got it working though, good job :thumbsup:

The new NC10 has a physical problem and im gonna send it back. Im now just glad my NC10 and my Acer now work! Thanks so much for your help. I may be back on in a few days when I get the new one and my dad wants me to configure it!!!

Foxy102;6139800

The new NC10 has a physical problem and im gonna send it back. Im now … The new NC10 has a physical problem and im gonna send it back. Im now just glad my NC10 and my Acer now work! Thanks so much for your help. I may be back on in a few days when I get the new one and my dad wants me to configure it!!!

That is a shame, you probably would of not had to do it manually at all but for the stuck key. Although it is always good to know how to do it manually as sometimes it is helpful.

Good luck in a few days lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?11
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions