Its not a Bank Holiday!

Posted 1st May
Friday 8th is the Bank Holiday this year. celebrations for 75 years of VE Day.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
Calm down?? I think the majority of people know it’s Friday the 8th this year?
Admin don't seem to.
TonyBearHowe01/05/2020 13:35

Admin don't seem to.

A bank holiday by law it is, though good point otherwise, not many people knew the difference between public and bank holidays (until money is diddled and time in lieu).
Edited by: "splender" 1st May
Not that we’re going anywhere
Pipey8401/05/2020 13:34

Calm down?? I think the majority of people know it’s Friday the 8th this y …Calm down?? I think the majority of people know it’s Friday the 8th this year?

I didn't till yesterday
DaveG4601/05/2020 15:27

I didn't till yesterday

There was a fuss about it last year - as loads of calendars and diaries were printed without the correct date. They blame was put on the Government not announcing it early enough.
alg01/05/2020 16:16

There was a fuss about it last year - as loads of calendars and diaries …There was a fuss about it last year - as loads of calendars and diaries were printed without the correct date. They blame was put on the Government not announcing it early enough.

Ah yep the 3 calendar we have in the house are evidently wrong
This was over Christmas, but seem to remember the story appeared about September - independent.co.uk/lif…tml
what?
golo8301/05/2020 21:51

Early May bank holiday is on friday 8th this year, not this first monday …Early May bank holiday is on friday 8th this year, not this first monday of May...[Image]

drat, was looking forward to a long weekend after a rough week, seems weird always thought of first Monday in may as a bank holiday.
Awww great. They've take a holiday off of me for that day from work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions